Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors making things worse...

Re: Going in for a colonoscopy - seriously worried..

There you go see - as I suspected nothing found.

Great news.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Heh.. you were quite right. Ironically still in pain, but I am way, way less worried about it

Hurrah for good news!!

So back to your gp for help with ibs & Anxiety? So pleased for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hurrah for good news!!

So back to your gp for help with ibs & Anxiety? So pleased for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct - Back to the GP for that. Still have to work with the GI for my one elevated liver enzyme (ALT), but i suspect that is the fatty liver i was diagnosed with (which i am hoping my current diet and 30lb loss is helping with).

Doctors making things worse...

So, like many others, i have vague problems (specifically, gastro issues, with pains that come and go (but can last for days, but have been happening for months)), that started after all my stress of divorce and start of extreme anxiety.

Of course, like many others, i have followed up with docs to help figure things out. Right now, i am working with the GI, and i feel like his.. overexuberance.. is putting me in overdrive. Following my visit, I had a colonoscopy scheduled for 4 days later, and another blood draw for my liver (one LFT had originally been high). The colonoscopy came back completely fine, and the LFT improved significantly from the first (the ALT was now JUST over the high.. about half the value before).

But, he still wanted to be sure, so even though he knows i am doing a draw THIS week for my GP, i get to do another LFT in a month (stress 1). Even more though, since i am still experiencing the pain, he is now jumping to an MRI.. but hasn't even said what he is looking for.

So, I feel like i can't even relax at this point, and try to get things square, because we just keep jumping from thing to think. My anxiety cant get a break with every week involving a test or an appointment, and so far, the only thing really found is my blood pressure is high and my liver is a bit fatty. The rational part of me knows this all started with my stress and anxiety, but when you feel physical things, docs can't seem to let go. I know its their job, but... yeah..

I just want to rest.... sometime...

Re: Doctors making things worse...

Sounds like CYA medicine to me. Especially in the US where healthcare is for profit, you keep going in, they’ll keep running tests. The best way to break the cycle is discuss the anxiety with your doctor in parallel. That way he can address both and hopefully cut things off here.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

ps please do not delete your posts once you have moved onto a new worry. What has been said on previous posts can help other people and it prevents posters from following your history.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Sounds like CYA medicine to me. Especially in the US where healthcare is for profit, you keep going in, they’ll keep running tests. The best way to break the cycle is discuss the anxiety with your doctor in parallel. That way he can address both and hopefully cut things off here.
    I emphasized my anxiety, but since the doctor is a bit older, i think he comes from a more "practical" school of thought, there pain must always be a measurable issue.

I agree that this feels like CYA, which is why i posed back the question of "what specifically are you looking for"? Maybe other people can, but i can't afford (mentally and physically) a goose chase without cause. I feel like there is plenty to check for before the expensive tests.. and of course, for a guy like me, the jumping right to MRI is a great way to spike my anxiety (which in turn spikes my blood pressure, which *IS* killing me.....)..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information