Thread: Dizziness - Help!

Dizziness - Help!

Hi

Well I was in the supermarket today doing my shopping when all of a sudden and started walking sideways and nearly fell over. It was pretty much the most severe dizziness I have ever felt. It only lasted a couple of seconds but it was really scary. The dizziness I normally get is more of a lightheaded feeling, nothing like today at all. I then started panicking and felt even worse.

What on earth could this have been. Is it possible to get dizzy for absolutely no reason? Do people withour axiety get dizzy from time to time? Might it be my ears? I just don't know. I felt so bad I came home and just started crying.

I try to tell my self it is nothing but how can it be? I have started getting a lot of head rushes lately too. I know its quite normal to get them when standing up, but mine can be just from turning around, I then feel my heart beating really hard and feel a whoosh in my head.

Please help, I feel like I can't cope with it any more. I will go back to the doctors but they will still probably not offer me any tests.

Hello this happend to me about 4 weeks ago in a local shop i was in with my wife at the time i was looking at things on the shelf and all of a sudden i started walking side ways i started to get sweaty my heart was banging so hard i thought it was going to come out of my chest it not happend since so i put it down to the horrible anxiety try to be happy and be strong hope this helps.

Gareth.

Gareth

Hi Cazza,

I think def result of anxiety, even when you don't feel anxious. I had real big dizzy spell when driving, and had to pull over. It has happended a few times. Normally as you say, its just a light headed feeling and not like you're going to fall over or pass out.

That said, it could also be due to ear infection, so get ears checked if continues. Possibly also low blood pressure. But nothing big to worry about I don't think!

Mable

It happens to me all the time. I think it's just your balance going a bit funny for a few seconds. It's nothing to worry about anyway 'cos nothing bad ever seems to happen.

Keep your chin up. You're not alone.

Love shoegal xxx

Dizziness can be brought on by tension in your neck area, if you are anxious you can become very tense around that area. The blood supply is reduced to your balance mechanism and that causes you to feel dizzy. Try and relax your shoulder and neck muscles. Also get your ears checked too, just in case

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I went to the doctors today so be told that I have very low blood pressure and that it is more than likely what is causing my dizziness. She checked my ears and I have no other symptoms so it sounds likely. Apparently it is good for long term health to have low blood pressure but it can make you dizzy and have head rushes. She told me that if I felt dizzy I should eat something sweet to see if that helps. Hopefully it will. I know that I have been making it worse by worrying so it is probably a combination of anxiety and low blood pressure by the sounds of it.

She says it is quite common in young women and that as i get older it will rise slightly and the dizziness should go away.

Thanks for your help, will have so see if I feel any better now I now what the cause is.

Hiya caz.

You have put it much better than I could have done in my post on the similar subject. Have felt soooo dizzy and had head rushes. My wife and family have said it's probably down to sheer tiredness and exhaustion.

And what daisybun said seems to be true too. If i suddenly think to try and relax, almost always my shoulders ease when I try to ease up a little, thus I reckon I must be fairly tense most of the while.

AARAGAHHHAHAHHHHHH, Anxiety SUCKS!!!

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Thread Information