Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Getting a woman in my life

Re: Getting a woman in my life

Plenty of Fish is a pretty awful site, I'd steer clear of it. If you really have to pick an online dating site, at least go with OKCupid.

It took me a few tries to find my girlfriend of 3 years. I had a similar experience to you where I was talking to someone for a few weeks. Met up, it was awkward and then didn't hear anything back.

It's just a bump in the road, keep at it and you'll get there. If it helps, I used OKcupid to find my current partner so maybe try that instead? Plenty of fish was a bit of a downer for me personally.

Pregabalin 300mg

Lol Phil, when I first read the title of this post, it sounded like you were looking to pick someone up on here.

Seriously though, I’ve had quite a few friends have luck with eHarmony.

Don't worry, best things will come when you least expect them. You will find someone best. Good luck.

I used to be sad at not having a girlfriend. I never knew how to talk to women or how to woo them.
    I stopped caring about getting a girlfriend and stopped caring about what women think of me and it actually helped a lot with my self esteem, it sounds crazy but it's true.

Our culture is so focused on having a girlfriend/wife, it's easy to become frustrated from being lonely. You might see friends or family members who are married or with girlfriends, or even see a random couple of strangers doing a public display of affection, even in movies or TV, everywhere we look lots of importance is put on being in a romantic relationship. The reverence of girlfriends is so high, people will even use shaming language on you for not having one.

You will save yourself a ton of trouble by not caring anymore. Seriously. There is this cultural phenomenon in Japan called "Herbivore Men" where men have stopped marrying women and stopped getting girlfriends. It has been widely speculated that Japan's declining economy is causing this, their world becoming too expensive to date. I personally chalk it down to them not caring anymore.

We have biological imperatives in place to make us want to seek out women to love them and worship them, but it's nothing more than chemicals that compel us to breed. Ignoring it will make you happier in the long run. You don't need a woman to be happy, and don't let this gynocentric society tell you otherwise.

Then, no expectations. In recollection, when I was purposely trying to be in a relationship, my judgement was clouded. It wasn't like I had trouble getting dates but close to 90% of the time these women were hot messes! ~lol~ While it was fun and exciting at first, it inevitably lead to drama

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    We have biological imperatives in place to make us want to seek out women to love them and worship them, but it's nothing more than chemicals that compel us to breed. Ignoring it will make you happier in the long run. You don't need a woman to be happy, and don't let this gynocentric society tell you otherwise.
    Well at a base level you could be right but we've come a long way since the cavemen's days. Even then it was likely about shared resources as well as reproduction.

Humans are by nature social creatures, who crave to be with others to share life's journey. When you get past the reproductive years and the hormones dwindle, we still yearn for love and human companionship.

Women do tend to be more resourceful at living alone, whereas most men of any age desire to be with a partner. It's a complex issue and we're all different.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Well at a base level you could be right but we've come a long way since the cavemen's days. Even then it was likely about shared resources as well as reproduction.

Humans are by nature social creatures, who crave to be with others to share life's journey. When you get past the reproductive years and the hormones dwindle, we still yearn for love and human companionship.

Women do tend to be more resourceful at living alone, whereas most men of any age desire to be with a partner. It's a complex issue and we're all different.
    Onion is right I don't want a relationship but hurt that many times I have put it on the back burner for now, sooner have good friends to be around with as you are right we are 'social' animals and like to be liked and seek out company, well maybe but still feel women need company too it is very complex and so many factors have to be taken in to consideration as well. ATB

It's my opinion that relationships (and love) is the one exception to the "dont give up, keep trying" rule. You can't make it happen, instead its something that happens to you on your way through life.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information