Thread: Testicle pain that comes and goes

Testicle pain that comes and goes

I've been having testicle pain for about 3 weeks. The pain goes from one side to the other, But not both at the same time. I also have groin pain and thigh pain on the same size as the testicle pain but not always at the same time. I could just have groin pain or testicle pain.
    so one day I could have testicle pain on one side then it switches in the afternoon. Then the next day I have groin pain but no testicle pain. it just comes and goes from testicles/groin/thigh.

I went to the doctors -
    1st week he gave me a week worth of antibiotics.
    2nd week he gave me pain meds.
    3rd week (now) he gave me a stronger pain meds.

He has done two blood test and says I don't have infection and nothing is wrong with my counts - so no more antibiotics.
    He checked my cords - All Good
    He checked for lumps - All Good
    He checked for Hernia - All Good
    He checked for STD - All Good
    Testicle are not swollen or larger.

Now that its the 3rd week, I have a lump that is very very very painful above my groin area. I think its going down but it hurts bad.

My doctor doesn't know whats going on and hopes the pain goes away.

I can barely take the pain.
    I'm 40 and married.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Painontheleft
    Last edited by painontheleft; 27-02-18 at 11:56.

Re: Testicle pain that comes and goes

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Been there done similar to this. Be reassured - nasty things down there are 101 stuff for doctors and they'd pack you off for an ultrasound if they had even the slightest inkling.

When I had my episode last year, I ended up having an ultrasound which turned up varicoceles - benign but annoying varicose veins. But I wonder if it was more generalised muscle aches from anxiety and the varicoceles were an incidental discovery rather than the cause, as the pain eventually subsided when I got the "all clear", and I've subsequently had random muscle aches elsewhere that roam around when stressed.

Have you seen a doctor since you got the groin lump? Could be some kind of sprain or hernia? Alternatively if you're a poker or prodder (as many of us here are) you may just have found something normal and made it swollen and painful. Be assured again if the doctor has seen it they'd recognise something potentially untoward.

Ages ago I had a similar issue and the doctor checked, and basically said "balls just hurt sometimes". Hang in there, hopefully it eventually subsides. While anxiety needn't be the cause of these things, it focuses our mind on them and keeps them going.

Been there as well, but for lumps, I mention where it hurts, I been for two ultrasounds one in 2016 and one in 2017 cysts relating to the epdidymis (sp?) I am slight younger than yourself (age 31 32 when I had the scans.

Thread Information