Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Re: Worried About Blood Clot in my Leg?

Quote Originally Posted by concerned_hippo View Post
    Let's think about the likeliest explanation for your symptoms. You've got pain in your left leg in a specific area. First thing that comes to mind is muscular pain. You've probably been fiddling with it, which will only serve to make the pain stick around longer. It feels like a pulling pain when you move around, which also sounds muscular. And it doesn't hurt when you aren't exerting it, which also points to simple muscle pain.

As to why you might have muscle pain: muscle pain happens all the time. Sometimes you made a bad movement and didn't even notice it, but it hurt one of your muscles.

My money's on you being totally okay!
    Hi, thanks for reply, yeah I just have a terrible fear of blood clots and then when I get chest pains or pinching pains, then I think it's turned into a Pulmonary Embolism, another big fear I have.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Update: I've been very whoozy headed today, off-balance, which has set my entire day off. It happened when I was getting dressed and heading out to do the grocery shopping. It was like that until I got home now, and has eased off since being able to sit down and rest. Very frightening feeling. My back is also playing at me again, my upper back feels super tight and tender, especially the left shoulder blade, cracking and popping. Of course, I also feel a little breathless, which because I've been worried about my leg pain, which isn't as bad today, made me think it could be a Pulmonary Embolism or something? Such distressing symptoms and sensations. This is why I do feel like their is something serious going on? Scares me.

If you had a Pulmonary Embolism you would know it. It sounds muscular to me.

A little story for you. I've just finished a 2 week course of a very strong antibiotic for an infection in my finger. The whole time i was taking them i had pains in my calfs. I looked at the possible side effects and it was listed. I finished them Tuesday and it's gone.

Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    If you had a Pulmonary Embolism you would know it. It sounds muscular to me.

A little story for you. I've just finished a 2 week course of a very strong antibiotic for an infection in my finger. The whole time i was taking them i had pains in my calfs. I looked at the possible side effects and it was listed. I finished them Tuesday and it's gone.

Take Care
    Hi, oh wow, an infection in your finger? It must have been a bad infection for a 2 week course of antibiotics. Glad your on the mend though! Thanks for your reply, sorry, it is just something that always scares me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    Hi, oh wow, an infection in your finger? It must have been a bad infection for a 2 week course of antibiotics. Glad your on the mend though! Thanks for your reply, sorry, it is just something that always scares me a lot.
    Thats ok. I hope your feeling a little bit better.

Honestly if you had a Pulmonary Embolism you'd be in the back of an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Thats ok. I hope your feeling a little bit better.

Honestly if you had a Pulmonary Embolism you'd be in the back of an ambulance.
    I know and thank you. I think because sometimes I read this stuff and it says things like "silent killer", " I had no symptoms", or "my symptoms were nothing alarming so blah blah", and that then freaks me out because I see some symptoms that sound like mine, and it triggers the anxiety and sensations and then I get worse.

I appreciate you replying though, I know I sound like a mad woman, but it's how my mind work with the health anxiety and depression.

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Update: Still feeling a little tight chested tonight, and it is making me feel a little breathless. My back has been at me too, mainly the left shoulder blade part, which a hot water bottle helped ease. The back of my nose/throat always feels stuffy or something, it doesn't help with the breathlessness, makes me very panicky, which is why I've been panicking about Pulmonary Embolisms, as of course I looked up symptoms and that is one thing that came up and set me off and has me distressed and anxious.

Re: Weird Back Discomfort and Dizziness/Balance?

It may be reflux/indigestion because of all your panic attacks and constant anxiety. Believe me, this is the symptom I get the most. I don’t get heartburn, but I can get achy/dull aches and sometimes sharp pains in both my back and under ribs. Also, anxiety induced IBS can cause these things as well. It’s the hardest thing to try and tell yourself that’s all it is, but if a doctor says you’re ok, you have to try and believe them!

Try drinking herbal teas like peppermint and ginger that help with digestion and eat easy digestible foods like chicken and rice. Or ask your doctor about it and they may prescribe antacids.

And the leg may be all from the stress. You’re tensing up and you don’t realize. Again, I’ve been there. I’m going through a new set of symptoms myself but I just try and stay as positive and focused as I can. Find the holes in your anxiety induced logic. And then laugh at yourself! It’ll be ok.

Had a bad episode today while walking the dogs. I don't know what it is with my back, but it feels like it seizes up at the top, and my spine at the bottom, feels like I get this wobbly jerk. It doesn't happen often, and it only happened today while I was walking the dog, and my dog pulls on the lead so it makes it worse. This scares me because I think theirs something serious? I don't know, I'm in a terrible mental state at the moment. My breathing was a bit off today, it feels congested at the back of my nose, though my nose isn't stuffed or anything, and down the back of my throat? Sitting all day probably isn't helping, but I am at home all day so I can't change that, and I get extremely agitated when I go out because I'm scared something terrible is going to happen.

I don't know, I worry about cancers and stuff like that, and when my breathing feels breathless, I get worse. And I feel so jaded and tired lately as well?

When I was first diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks my whole body hurt, my chest felt tight, I had stabbing pain under my left breast and down my left side, my back was tight and tender, I felt like I was having a heart attack and scared to death, as soon as I was diagnosed and started going to therapy all of that stopped, when I get really anxious my body tightens up and then I feel the pain days later, exactly what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
    When I was first diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks my whole body hurt, my chest felt tight, I had stabbing pain under my left breast and down my left side, my back was tight and tender, I felt like I was having a heart attack and scared to death, as soon as I was diagnosed and started going to therapy all of that stopped, when I get really anxious my body tightens up and then I feel the pain days later, exactly what you are describing.
    Hi, sorry you were going through that but glad therapy is helping. Thanks for your reply, I've still a long way to go before my thinking and behaviour gets better but I'm trying every day.

I'm having that weird feeling in my left rib side again. I was just laying in bed, getting ready to go asleep, and it started to niggle, and I got up in a panic. It's niggling in my back left ribs as well, I can only describe it as a tender pressure, not painful, just a weird sensation. I'm shaking now, I've gotten such a fright, really has me panicking now.

What is this???
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 06-05-18 at 03:45.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information