Thread: Toilet Question ....Again

Red face Toilet Question ....Again

Hi all,

i went to the doctors yesterday as i had a really painful bum for about 5 days , no bleeding, but it just wasn't getting any better anyway the doctor had a look and said that i had a pile that had become thrombosed, so she gave me suppositories( which look like mini torpedoes) ....ouch..... and cream.
    When i went to the loo today.....tmi....sorry... i noticed that my poo was a different colour and had sort of whitish stuff around it, i got kind of scared and am just wondering if any of you think this could be the suppository that she gave me causing this.
    My mum had bowel cancer so anything like this freaks me out, and although she had a look i've also got this thing at the back of my mind thinking what if she's mis-diagnosed it and actually it is a tumour .
    So here i am again just wanting some advice, thanks to all in advance xx

Re: Toilet Question ....Again

I was given painkillers in supository form when I had my gallbladder removed (punishment for the trouble I caused the nurses I think!!) They do make your poo have a white coat to it, it's just the waxy stuff that they are made out of. I'm sure that if there is history of bowel cancer in your family your doctor would know this and be mindful of your symptoms - as they haven't got a cause for concern try and believe them.

Mondie xx

It is the suppository that is causing the white coating......

Yes the White coating is normal. I get piles to. Don't worry xxx

Ok, I done a bad thing and googled , everything was fine until it came up as one of the causes of piles can be pressure caused by growths or tumours in the bowel or abdomen.
    Needless to say I am freaking out here, as i've not been constipated or anything to cause this.
    It's going to be a long weekend and i know monday morning i'll be on the phone making another appointment with the doctors. I just get scared after my mum having it ( a tumour in the lower bowel) and just before she was diagnosed she too had a pile, i still have the same toilet habits as before but i am just so unsure at the moment what to do about things.

Don't google!! Believe me it's not good. I get tempted to, but learn not too. There are to many horror stories and possible diseases, that will only freak u out!! Your doctor will tell u what u have and haven't got. I have piles, painful and a total nightmare, but that's all they are. I know it's hard because of ur mum, but I think the doctor will be able to tell. Hugs xxxx

Cool Re: Toilet Question ....Again

the white stuff i reckon would be either the supository or some of the cream you have been applying ...sorry... but its possible when the poo came out it rubbed against some of the cream and that gave it the whiteish coating.. you know what i mean? im sure your doctor is right i know you are abit scared but .. your doctor has been trained he/she knows what they are looking for also if there was somthing seriously wrong you would have more symthoms then what you are having now trust me... i promise you that you are fine please try to relax have a cup of tea and come chat with me any time you want its good to keep your mind off things

When you want it
    It goes away too fast
    Times u hate it
    It always seems to last

I'm sure the white coating is off the suppository. Please try not to worry, I'm sure you Dr know what he is talking about.

take care xxx

it's the suppository, because what goes up, has to come down, and it's like a creamy waxy stuff. I had piles after straining from an appendictomy (appendix) and the Doctor gave me these things. They are very odd. lol

Thanks all for trying to put my mind at ease, now ive had orangey stuff as well coming down, now poo....soz is defo not that colour so it must be the medication,
    I'm just trying to keep a lid on it im just a step away from panic at the moment.
    Im monitoring my bowel movements constantly and scrutinizing them i cant see any visible blood so that must be either really good or really bad plus im still going every one to two days , just cant seem to help myself, i'm not in as much pain, 2 days since starting with the stuff the doctor gave me, but i can still feel a large lump there. Will that go away ,i'm not sure, I think i will go back to the doctors just too make sure things are okay and tell him how im feeling just really panicky , wish i could get rid of that feeling just now, really fed up with things

Thread Information