Thread: Night sweats

Night sweats

Recently having nightsweats like never before. I go to bed cold and then I get so hot it is almost painful. The sweat pours off me in rivers. I have also started to wake up with a headache that I think is dehydration. Before I went to bed last night I drank 1.5 litres of water yet when I went to the loo in the morning my urine was really dark yellow.
    Anyone else had issues like these?

Re: Night sweats

Hi. I personally haven't but I think you should maybe go to the docs for the night sweats. X

Keep in mind night sweats - like the drenching I need to change my sheets/clothes in the middle of the night - are usually accompanied by other symptoms if there is something sinister going on in the body. Night sweats, fevers, fatigue, and weight loss usually all come together - and even when they do its usually by something other than cancer - like an infection.

Are you still having night sweats? Keep track of your environment the next time you do. Are you wearing heavier pajamas? Did you get flannel sheets? Is your heater kicking on in the middle of the night (the damn cause of me waking up sweaty at night - it kicks on at 2am every night).

The only person who can evaluate you is a medical professional - if you really feel this is a continuing problem and concern please get it checked out!

I agree with the post above, night sweats are often caused by things other than cancer. Including the flu, infections, anxiety, weight, room temperature and clothing.
    Night sweats are also caused by medication. My bestfriend and I are both on antibiotics and we have both experienced night sweats on them.

Always get things checked out by a doctor, but try not to worry.

Are you still getting these night sweats? I've had terrible night sweats last few days like I've never had before but I've also had a bad cough with mucus too so I think it could be that. Worries me though that this is the 3rd cold type illness I've had since Xmas. Had a blood test couple of weeks ago which was normal tho so don't know what's going on

Thread Information