Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacopa Monniera/ Brahmi

Bacopa Monniera/ Brahmi

Has anyone tried this for anxiety and if so did you get any good effects from it? I've been reading up about it and it seems in trials it worked well for some people with anxiety.

Re: Bacopa Monniera/ Brahmi

Wow... it sounds like an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) herb which doesn't cause side effects aside from a case of the trumps (bonus!). And it improves memory and intellectual capability? I'm gonna try it. I warn you, if this stuff works I might have to kiss you. I mean it, there's no point trying to hide, I'm gonna find you and plant a smacker on your cheekbone. I suggest other members do the same.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Found this:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18611150?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez. Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DiscoveryPanel.P ubmed_Discovery_RA&linkpos=2&log$=relatedarticles& logdbfrom=pubmed

Improves memory recall, reduces the negative effects of anxiety and depression, causes mild stomach upsets in some cases, and the positive effects persist and don't degrade over time.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks for the reply psychopoet. If you try it and it works I will be awaiting that kiss lol

Think I may give it ago as I'm not on any prescribed medication for anxiety at the moment, now to figure out what dose I need

Have you tried it yet??? Where can you buy it???

Dee

Hiya Dee, no I've not tried it yet but you can buy it online and at the moment even selling on Ebay

I've decided to give this a go. Seems to have the same effect as Lorazapam without the side effects or tolerance building, which is what I'm looking for. Anyone know what the effective dosage is for treatment of anxiety?

So did anyone try this? I'm actually getting quite surprised by the amount of things that seem to be out there. Brahmi is listed on Wikipedia as the only verified anti-anxiety herb apart from Kava.

I did for a while. Seemed to work but it I think it takes time to build up the effect. I'm going to try it again since I am going completely off of Lorazepam/Ativan.

This stuff sounds great. Any ideas if you can buy it in health food shops? I really don't want to buy anything like this from t'internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information