Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My gkirlfriend struggles to reach orgasm on Citalopram

My gkirlfriend struggles to reach orgasm on Citalopram

My gf has been on these for about 8 mths now and although her sex drive is fine she is really struggling to reach climax. This is even happens when she masturbates which used to take her just a couple of minutes. Just wondering if any women have the same problem on these meds as she is getting very frustrated, any tips would be helpful

Re: My gkirlfriend struggles to reach orgasm on Citalopram

what a question to ask dont you think this is privete, think your girlfriend would be embarrased by your post ,,perhaps she should ask her docter

Im on a internet forum where nobody knows me so why would I be embarassed? I also think its a genuine question which other people may be going through

you maybe but too much information ,, i hope someone finds the answer for you, why dont you put it in the searh box there you will find people with same problem ,if you just write sex its at top of page

This is a common problem for a lot of people on Citalopram ,male and female ..Some people find the longer they are on it the better it gets ,Others remain the same the whole time .Perhaps spending longer on the lead up to intercourse will help ,Expectations can also ruin the moment .As long as you are both enjoying the experience and get there in the end I dont think you can complain .Perhaps she feels under some sort of pressure from herself ,this will affect it as well .Just use your imaginations ,and you will be ok .If that fails she can always ask the Dr for some thing that will help .or alternatively a different ssri ,but lots of them cause the same problem im afraid ..All the best Sue

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    what a question to ask dont you think this is privete, think your girlfriend would be embarrased by your post ,,perhaps she should ask her docter
    Some people may find it embarrassing Gypsy, but I personally don't and I would like to think that a lot of people don't either. If my girlfriend was having this kind of problem I would also find help for her. I don't think the girl mentioned in the posts would be easily identified as "Spindle's girlfriend", given that it is not his real name and he hasn't given us their address or photographs!

I should think Spindle would come across to the majority of people as a very caring and considerate person!

Mate, orgasm can be hard to reach on citalopram and I hear it is worse for women, but this can wear off especially when the treatment is finished and I think anxiety and/or depression will have something to do with it as well! The situation should improve when she starts to feel better.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPoet View Post
    Some people may find it embarrassing Gypsy, but I personally don't and I would like to think that a lot of people don't either. If my girlfriend was having this kind of problem I would also find help for her. I don't think the girl mentioned in the posts would be easily identified as "Spindle's girlfriend", given that it is not his real name and he hasn't given us their address or photographs!

I should think Spindle would come across to the majority of people as a very caring and considerate person!

Mate, orgasm can be hard to reach on citalopram and I hear it is worse for women, but this can wear off especially when the treatment is finished and I think anxiety and/or depression will have something to do with it as well! The situation should improve when she starts to feel better.
    i seem to have put my foot in it ,well we are all entitled to our opinion i did say she could have word with docter i have nothing aganst sexiual issuse , it must be difficult for them both ,

Citalopram really killed my drive!IPoor patient husband of mine!I recently changed to a completely different tablet altogether n Im hoping this will improve. If things dont,and its a real big issue for you both then you need to see doc about it.It is important to many relationships and can make or break some. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, her sex drive hasnt been affected at all, its just the ending she cant reach at the moment. Just anted to say thanxx to everyone for the info

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    i seem to have put my foot in it ,well we are all entitled to our opinion i did say she could have word with docter i have nothing aganst sexiual issuse , it must be difficult for them both ,

I'd say so. We're all adults here and sex isn't a bad word. Even if we weren't all adults, its nothing for anyone to be ashamed of asking. Especially on an anonymous internet forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information