Thread: Upper Left Chest Pain Question

Upper Left Chest Pain Question

For the last few days I have been feeling pain/twinges in my upper left chest above my nipple and below my collar bone. I have no difficulty breathing or it doesnt hurt when Im walking or sitting down but when I move certain ways I can feel it be it leaning forward, turning to one side, getting out of bed.

Does this sound like a muscle strain as I cant remember having done anything that would cause that.

Re: Upper Left Chest Pain Question

I have this problem on and off, believe it or not its muscle tension. It has nothing to do with whether or not you pulled a muscle. I never realized how bad my "rocks" in my chest were (thats what I call them because there are so many knots) until I went to get a massage and my massage therapist said I had huge knots in my chest and around my collarbone.

I Have the same problem, and i am always paranoid it is my heart. What i do when i get the pain is i move my arm around and try and pinpoint exactly where the pain is coming from. I massage the area while i am doing it and it usually goes away .This helps in getting rid of the Heart fear, most likely it is a a nerve or muscle problem. Do you sit at the computer alot , or slouch for a given period of time. I tend to slouch quite a bit and i get these pains you describe along with being able to crack my sternum bone. If you are still worried get your heart checked out to see if that is the problem. Which i highly highly doubt.

I work at a computer and I am a sloucher. I have had 2 chest x-rays and blood tests in the last 2 months with chest problems that all came back clear but this twinging type thing is new.

I also have a similar type of twingy pain in my right side above my hip that sometimes moves to my back or front that I think is muscular. I have been trying to improve my posture sitting up straight and walking with my back straight which I find can get a bit sore so I dont know if in trying to fix one thing Im hurting myself in another way.

I know people get these pains all the time and just roll with them but I just go straight to worst case scenario where I think well what if im the exception and its not just regular aches and pains or getting older (im 34) but there is something seriously wrong.

it sounds like muscle tension i get that pain alot try to take a nice hot shower. thats what i do and it starts to ease up

Hi im exactly the same, i mean i get these sharp twinges in my left upper chest between my collar bone and nipple, also a sensation down my left arm also by sternum bone cracks from time to time however iv had this on and off for around 8 years and its the same viscous circle im afraid. You think its a heart problem but in my case and i guess many other cases its a small amount of stress or anxiety which gives you muscle tension and because of the locaation you think its a mores serious heart problem which makes the anxiety symptoms worse. I am a 30 yr old male non smoker who runs around 15-20 miles per week plus ive had several heart tracings all of which have been fine. I try to chill out a bit more and do relaxation sessions which helps.
    Thanks for reading this.
    John

Thread Information