Thread: Panic Attack Loop - Need help!

Panic Attack Loop - Need help!

Hi everyone,

I had a huge panic attack at work Wednesday of last week. I was giving a presentation and literally had to run out of the room and hide/cry in the bathroom. Afterwards, I was too embarrassed to go back, luckily a colleague took over and I left home in a huge panic (thinking I was going to pass out on my way to my car). I end up calling my husband in a panic thinking I'm going to have a heart attack in the parking lot. My husband came to pick me up since no one should really drive during an intense attack. When we got home, I took the rest of the week off to recover. I slept a lot, stayed in bed and mostly just tried to make sense of what was happening to me.

Well, now almost a week later, I've been stuck in panic attack loops. I don't know how to stop them. The past four days I've been really struggling to not end up in the ER. I'm afraid of how much damage I am doing to my body because of these constant panic attacks. My panic attacks are mostly coming back due to how sick I feel. I feel woozy when walking, my palms get sweaty, I have this bad chest tightness and my whole body hurts/feels tense. It even hurts to take a deep breath. I usually bounce back from a panic attack pretty quick, but this time it feels like something really bad is happening to me. I also get these waves of sleepiness/fatigue where my eyes feel heavy, and it's really freaking me out. My main concerns are that something is wrong with my heart or lungs. I'm really scared. I keep wanting to leave work and drive myself to an ER. I've read nightmare stories of people who felt sick a few days before and then had a heart attack days later. I don't know what to think or do.
    P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” ~Danielle LaPorte

CardioPhobin' since 2011.

Re: Panic Attack Loop - Need help!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information