Thread: Worry about testicular cancer HELP

Worry about testicular cancer HELP

Hi all, I’m 19 and I figured telling you all this may make me feel slightly better. I’ve been at university for about 2 and a half months so this is the first time I’ve lived away from my parents, naturally I have lots of time on my hands.
    My worry is I have testicular cancer.
    It’s been a worry on and off, I’ve been to the doctors once who gave me a physical examination 2 months ago and said nothing was wrong, I had a mild case of Epididymitis. The problem went off my mind and I was fine, however it’s came back again and I have all the symptoms of testicular cancer. I don’t know what it is, I can feel my Epididymitis but there seems to be a hard tiny little bit extra attached that isn’t on my left testicle. I’ve been going insane feeling it and pressing it and now I have a dull constant pain in my groin from the minute I wake up. If I start thinking about it too much I get slightly breathless, which is a symptom that it’s spread.
    So I went again to the doctors on Thursday, I told her about this problem and she diagnosed me with health anxiety, she didn’t give me a physical exam because she was convinced I was making it up, I have all the symptoms of health anxiety however I left feeling unhappy and worried still.
    Conclusively I’ve been told by two doctors I have not got testicular cancer, but the more I think about it the more I’m convinced I do. I don’t want to go again as I seem like I’m wasting there time especially as two doctors have told me I’m fine, so what do I do. It’s coming up to Christmas and I don’t want this to Burden my mind throughout the festive season. Deep down I argue with myself that I don’t have it, but I feel I do.
    I have no swelling, one feels more firm slightly in my opinion, however my girlfriend tells me it doesn’t and I’m making it up, can anyone give me any reassurance as I feel it would mean a lot to me, Thankyou.

Re: Worry about testicular cancer HELP

Hey James well your dr says it's HA so why not get that treated before it gets out of control they can make the referral to see a therapist (and there is no shame in getting help for a MH condition!) we have members on here that have servere HA and have been like this for years, now is your chance to get some professional help for your HA before it gets a grip on your life! Let us know how you get on mate. ATB

Thread Information