Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Left sided 'weakness'

Re: Left sided 'weakness'

I too have recently started with left sided weakness of the body. It stemmed from a holiday whet I became I'll. After that I have headaches facial pain which have become worse. I woke up one morning to find my left side feeling weird. My left arm, pinky finger felt tingling and weaker also did my leg and side of face. This has led to numets panic attacks over worries of a serious health condition. I have been to the doctor several times prescribing medication for migraines.
    At present my arm, leg and face of left side have odd feeling, of feeling weaker. This has led to me worry inserting anxiety which is making the symptoms worse. I am just worried it is something serious and therefore owill be attending my doctors tomorrow.
    It's quite reassuring to find others out there that are feeling the same way. It's scaring me silly plus I'm becoming worried scared when leavin places of comfort I.e. Work, home fearing something bad id going to happen out of my control.

I am very scared and don't know what to do. I am only 25 years of age and panicking as we speak.

I just started a post similiar to this. I experience a feeling in my upper left arm and shoulder during times of anxiety that almost feels like I was just lifting weights with that arm. Kinda weak and a little sore. It has caused a great deal of worry for me over the past month. I have an apt with a cardiologist in January to make sure there is no heart issue, But I have had a EKG and blood work done which came up negative for any heart issues. I really think its anxiety related because the more i think about it the more it hurts. When i experience the sensation in my arm the rest of my body is ussualy tense as well (back and neck).

PS. Emma I know what you are going through, I have had alot of fear leaving my house this past week due to the feeling in my left arm. Well get through this!
    Last edited by Pallex; 03-12-10 at 03:38.

Hi all,

I have been suffering with this feeling for over a year now. My left side feels weak, although I still walk, play guitar, play football etc. It is with me 24/7 but waxes and wanes, bothering me more sometimes than at others. Having seen a GP, neurologist, 2 different clinical pyschologists, they all say it is anxiety causing this, although I still sometimes question this.

I wanted to know or hear back from anyone on here who has suffered similar problems and for whom their symptoms have decreased or gone completely. I always question whether it will go away & sometimes lose hope! Any techniques, advice, tips would be so much appreciated.

Would be greatful for replies as I'm going through some tough times at present.

Regards

Paul

Paul when your left leg feels weak does it seems like it will not support u?

it supports me, it just feels weak. I can still stand on the ball of my foot etc, climb stairs and walk

Yes i understand. In the morning today it felt like it would not support mr. Now after taking xanax i'm jumping on that leg. Usually it feels more weak when in bed or standing. When running jumping it feels beyter

wow I am having this exact same thing right now. my left hand just does not feel right and when i go for a walk, my legs seem to tire and ache in my calves. most disconcerting though is my left/hand arm. it just doesn't feel right. i have had this kind of thing before and it went away so I am just hoping that it does again. it's crazy when you are so focused on having als, you start to hope that it is only "ms" - how "crazy" is that???

typically with my anxiety, I focus on one thing/disease for a long period of time. this year (since March) it has been different in that I have been hopping around from one thing to another. in march I thought I had a brain tumour finally got a c-t scan in early april and all was fine. then just within the last few weeks I have been back to worrying about my heart (palpitations/chest pain etc) - interestingly all of the other symptoms that went with my headaches (dizziness, some left sided weak feelings etc) went away (or I should say that I forgot about them). Now, this week, i am back to this thing with my hand and my left side - I have not thought about heart stuff at all and have not had any of these kind of symptoms.

somehow this gives me hope that all of this is in my head.

we will press on. I just wish my brain didn't always think the worst.

I'm still struggling with this left leg. I've had this feeling of it getting tired an ache in my calve (most worrying is that its only the left one). Also I have a slight pain behind the knee (on of the tendons)...not sure what to think :(

David how are things for you now? I am experiencing very similar weakness in left leg and am a bit weak in arm as well. This is the second time this has occurred in a year. I am a little worried cause I fell from a tree years ago and may have some long term problems coming to haunt me .

---------- Post added at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 ----------

Please updade me with any of your findings or progression. I'm new to this site and joined specifically because of my left sided weakness

Hi. I'm new here and randomly stumbled upon this thread while browsing older threads around the 50th page of the HA-section. For me this is symptom is right sided, but very very much similar to many of you in this thread. And that has calmed me down a lot. The symptoms have been feeling of weakness on my right arm and leg and also the right side of my face. They have been changing from better to worse and back. On some days the leg feels stiff and like I'd have to put extra effort for it to work properly.

I'm 24 and I've been through a couple of bad anxious phases during the last 5 years or something and they usually have lasted for something like 2-6 months. I've recently seen my doctor and after some basic neurological tests she told me it's probably anxiety. I've always had quite strong physical symptoms from anxiety

During the next couple of days after finding this thread my symptoms have decreased noticeably. And that is big since I've been very hopeless and worried for a couple of months, especially the last couple of weeks. The symptoms obviously haven't suddenly disappeared completely but of course I don't expect them to. I've had a hard time trying to get the symptoms off my mind and usually when I start thinking about them they seem worse.

I'd very much like to hear more from any of you who are experiencing or have experienced these symptoms.

Also as a new user I'd see this thread useful in the thread with different symptoms in the symptoms-section. And since most of us are so stressed about different kind of symptoms I'd say that a sticky "common symptoms" would also fit the HA-section.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information