Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

Re: Bass music from neighbours causing panic attacks

So How are things now?

I haven't been here for a while. Things were relatively quieter after my GP wrote to the council. However....
    Last weekend noisy neighbour told me they are having friends around Friday [tonight] and "needs to test some sound equipment*" I reminded them that they had to keep it respectable, which they said they would. [*this is bull, just an excuse to play loud music]

Due to the anxiety I decided to call Environmental Health, inform them and ask for advice. They called back and basically told me everything I already know.
    I expect there to be problems tonight as it is in the neighbours character to not give a toss about anyone else. If that happens [and I survive the anxiety] I intend to make the usual report to Enviromental Health, and also inform them that I will be seeking advice from Citizens Advice and contacting my local MP as the situation is still not being adequately dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    I haven't been here for a while. Things were relatively quieter after my GP wrote to the council. However....
    Last weekend noisy neighbour told me they are having friends around Friday [tonight] and "needs to test some sound equipment*" I reminded them that they had to keep it respectable, which they said they would. [*this is bull, just an excuse to play loud music]

Due to the anxiety I decided to call Environmental Health, inform them and ask for advice. They called back and basically told me everything I already know.
    I expect there to be problems tonight as it is in the neighbours character to not give a toss about anyone else. If that happens [and I survive the anxiety] I intend to make the usual report to Enviromental Health, and also inform them that I will be seeking advice from Citizens Advice and contacting my local MP as the situation is still not being adequately dealt with.
    Hi Andy How did it go on Friday? I would say those 2 options must be explored
    if the noise got really out of hand as the council don't seem to be doing much let us know how you get on. ATB

Thanks for your interest. As it turned out, it would appear that the neighbour didn't have this get together at all. However, things weren't without incident. The morning started withe the woman who lives there shouting and talking extremely loudly to her new boyfriend and being very foul mouthed as is the norm. Music throughout the afternoon was low but vibrations and were noticable and irritating. It got more apparent as the evening wore on, not because of the volume but the bass/sub-bass vibrations which were still going on when I went to bed at around 11.30pm.
    At 4.35am I was woken by the bass droning at a louder level than it had been all day right below my bedroom. I finally managed to get back to sleep after 5.30am. When I got up in the morning the music could still be heard playing although very faintly.
    Part of the problem is, even when the voulme is low, the bass is still vibrating, droning and tedious as it can go on for hours which is really draining on my patience.

So here I am again, 2 years on from the beginning. Now this Sunday noisy neighbour announces her birthday, tells me shes having friends around and we are welcome to attend. As if. She doesn't want me there anymore than I want to go. It's just following the ploy of if you are going to cause a disturbance with a loud party, invite your neighbour in attempt to diffuse any problems.

I reminded her she need to keep it "respectable" but as last year we were kept awake from midnight to 8.30 in the morning I have no trust in that being heeded. I'm currently in a very bad agitated state, only 3 hours sleep last night and feel like a massive panic is coming on.

At 9 this morning I called the Enviro Health officer dealing with my case, but only got answerfone. I left a message but had no call back as yet.

HI Andrew sorry to hear its not been resolved as yet 2 pigging years would have drove me to dispare get a pettion going in and around neighbouring flats houses Also time to really speak to your mp about this Hope you do make it clear enough is now enough ATB...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    HI Andrew sorry to hear its not been resolved as yet 2 pigging years would have drove me to dispare get a pettion going in and around neighbouring flats houses Also time to really speak to your mp about this Hope you do make it clear enough is now enough ATB...
    Thank you! Spoke to the officer involved today, basically he said it was too late to really do anything. To be fair he was nice enough, listened and accepted to what I had to say, but obviously of no help at all. I'm just gonna let this happen, and deal with any fall-out on Monday - hopefully it won't be as bad as last year, but if it is I'm going to citizens advice first thing, calling the housing officer, reporting to environmental health and then contacting my local MP.

Thank you! Spoke to the officer involved today, basically he said it was too late to really do anything. To be fair he was nice enough, listened and accepted to what I had to say, but obviously of no help at all. I'm just gonna let this happen, and deal with any fall-out on Monday - hopefully it won't be as bad as last year, but if it is I'm going to citizens advice first thing, calling the housing officer, reporting to environmental health and then contacting my local MP.
    It's np Andy You say too late to do anything as in because its taking place this week end? It's one thing to be nice and listen to you, but seems like you have a plan of action in place, follow it through and let us know how you get on ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    It's np Andy You say too late to do anything as in because its taking place this week end? It's one thing to be nice and listen to you, but seems like you have a plan of action in place, follow it through and let us know how you get on ATB
    Yes, because it's this Sunday and I only found out about it Wednesday evening it's too late to put a recorder in place. EnvHealth are available until 10pm Sunday, but previous experience suggest things won't kick off until after then.

Annoyingly I thought a few weeks ago about asking for a recorder for this weekend, but talked myself out of it as I didn't want to come across as paranoid to Env Health. Oh well, stupid me

Yes, because it's this Sunday and I only found out about it Wednesday evening it's too late to put a recorder in place. EnvHealth are available until 10pm Sunday, but previous experience suggest things won't kick off until after then.

Annoyingly I thought a few weeks ago about asking for a recorder for this weekend, but talked myself out of it as I didn't want to come across as paranoid to Env Health. Oh well, stupid me
    Hmm well tbh you aren't being paranoid its not the first time there has been noise from them or the last, lesson learned eh could you hire a recorder and good quality mike from some where it may help your case some what ATB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information