Thread: Dr Claire Weekes helped me

Dr Claire Weekes helped me

Hi Everyone.

I have suffered from anxiety and panic on and off for years, but found Dr Claire weekes books on the subject extremely helpful. Not only does she explain very well what the anxiety state is all about, but also gives instruction of how to cope with the very distressing symptoms it brings.

The books were first published a long time ago and so they are quite " Old fashioned " sounding to read, but donīt let this put you off, her advice and explanation of the anxiety state is priceless, and helped me so much through the first and subsequent phases of anxiety.

I have also found counseling to be very helpful, even though the thought of it initially scared me a lot because it seemed to put me into a category I didnīt want to think myself as , which was a crazy person!

Relaxation exercises done while listening to a CD which talks you through them is also very helpful, but takes a few goes to get into and benefit from.

Anyway, those are all things that have benefited me, and I hope will help you too.

Re: Dr Claire Weekes helped me

I have found them really helpful as well. The audio books are v good as hearing her voice talking to you seems to stay with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn4 View Post
    I have found them really helpful as well. The audio books are v good as hearing her voice talking to you seems to stay with you.
    Hi Autumn4.

I think its very helpful to have anxiety/ depression/panic, and the feelings/thoughts it brings really explained. Reading those books was the only explanation of it all I think I ever had, but its reassuring to know that what you are going through isnīt unusual or rare given the circumstances.

Having it all written down is a good source of reference and reassurance too. One is very apt to forget when in the midst of it all.

Thank you for commenting Autumn4. Iīm still trying to find my way around the site, and only stumble across things by chance Pleased i found your message

Hi,

Thanks for the top tips.

There's no doubt that Claire Weekes is a legend and her research was way ahead of her time. The concepts and techniques in her books are being used by many people to make money without giving her credit.

I still have her books, which I bought in the 1980s when my anxiety was at its worst and I was almost housebound. They were a lifeline to me as it was the first time anybody had explained how anxiety effects us in a way that you could understand.

It's lovely that she's still helping people even though she's no longer with us

Cath S

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the top tips.

There's no doubt that Claire Weekes is a legend and her research was way ahead of her time. The concepts and techniques in her books are being used by many people to make money without giving her credit.
    Hi Hollow.
    Thatīs the way of the world unfortunately, but Iīm sure she would be so glad her books are still giving relief and understanding to so many.

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the top tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    I still have her books, which I bought in the 1980s when my anxiety was at its worst and I was almost housebound. They were a lifeline to me as it was the first time anybody had explained how anxiety effects us in a way that you could understand.

It's lovely that she's still helping people even though she's no longer with us

Cath S
    Hi Cath s.

My anxiety kicked off in the 1980īs too, though I had a couple of fleeting panic attacks before then, it was in the 80īs that anxiety really got me in its grips.
    I didnīt see any of her works until the 90īs though when in the frey once more and my sister sent me a copy of one of her books. What a comfort reading it became.
    I have just sent for copies to replace the ones I sent back to UK when I thought I had a buyer for my house in Spain, but it all fell through ( more stress) so the books went back but not me.

Thread Information