Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panic over dirty Letter Recieved

Panic over dirty Letter Recieved

Hello,

I know this may sound totally paranoid, but I received a letter from Student Finance, and inside the envelope, the letter was covered in stuff. I'm not sure what it was. It was like little moist-to-touch clumps, yellow-y white. I touched them before thinking but then got worried. My nan just wiped it off and said it looked like rice or something and someone was probably just eating their dinner.

I, however, am not panicking about Anthrax or other poisons.

Nothing looked suspicious about the letter, apart from the fact it included a send back envelope with that stuff on but i didn't need to send anything back I don't think? It was just a confirmation letter. So now I am panicking because that seems fishy.

I've washed my hands about 4 times all ready but it'll all ready be on my clothes, towels, surfaces, in the air, and It's kinda' just spiralled to where I can't be logical.

Please help.

Re: Panic over dirty Letter Recieved

I'd actually complain to Student Finance. How unprofessional, leaving food in a letter

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    I'd actually complain to Student Finance. How unprofessional, leaving food in a letter
    I've rang them. Just to ask why I had a send back envelope for something I didn't need to send back hoping it might calm my anxiety. She didn't seem to think it was abnormal and said she was sure the substance wasn't anything dangerous, which probably helped a little.

But I can't shake it. What if it's not food?

I'm sure it was food. And it's certainly not toxic just very unprofessional.

I'm sure it was food. And it's certainly not toxic just very unprofessional.
    I'm glad you're so sure. That's reassuring. x3 Can I ask what makes you so sure so I can try and use your logic? Mine's totally failing me.

I've panicked over so many things, similar to your fears. And they never come to pass.. I'm a lot older than you, I assume anyway as you're dealing with Student finance . Trust your nan, she said it was rice or something. So therefore it was a messy, probably overworked, office worker grabbing lunch at their desk.

I've panicked over so many things, similar to your fears. And they never come to pass.. I'm a lot older than you, I assume anyway as you're dealing with Student finance . Trust your nan, she said it was rice or something. So therefore it was a messy, probably overworked, office worker grabbing lunch at their desk.
    Thank you :'3 I'll try to remember those words. I feel like i've lost hours from today, I can't even remember them, just sheer panic, freezing cold. And I've calmed some but it comes back and back.

When you said dirty letter, I thought you meant something else!

People make mistakes all the time. They might have put in an envelope accidentally into your envelope when they meant to put it in someone else's.

If someone wanted to poison you, they wouldn't do it via student finance. I'm sure there are much more exciting ways to poison someone. Anyway, I highly doubt anyone would want to poison a lovely person like you.

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post

People make mistakes all the time. They might have put in an envelope accidentally into your envelope when they meant to put it in someone else's.

If someone wanted to poison you, they wouldn't do it via student finance. I'm sure there are much more exciting ways to poison someone. Anyway, I highly doubt anyone would want to poison a lovely person like you.
    Oh... yeah, wow. I didn't even think about phrasing XD Oops! Argh...

Aww. Thank you! Uh, I don't know. I've tried to carry on with my day but as you can tell, I can't really sleep. Thanks for the reassuring words though.

Quote Originally Posted by lior View Post
    So I wasn't the only one to open the thread with a different expectation?

I would go with what your nan says. I wondered where this was going over a substance but that would be clearly identifiable by smell and very different to what rice would produce.

Perhaps it's a case of a student working for them eating their meal whilst stuffing envelopes? Unprofessional as Phuzella says but you can get such attitudes if people haven't worked before and they soon learn from tellings off (only some students entering the workplace, just the same as any school leaver).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information