Thread: Panic attacks over giving in resignation when 4 other people left this month already

Panic attacks over giving in resignation when 4 other people left this month already

Hi guys - new to this forum so go easy on me!

My office is only an office of around 12 but recently the atmosphere has become really bad in the entire company with the most senior in the company making us feel like we're not doing enough, when we go above and beyond.

A few people have given in their resignation this week, after finding better jobs, and the boss has not taken this well, emotionally blackmailing them to feel guilty, saying they've let the company down, are making a big mistake etc. I have an interview lined up soon which I'm pretty confident about, but the anxiety over giving in my notice and having a month at work where he would make me feel like i've committed a sin for leaving is giving me chest pains daily and palpitations so bad that I've considered just staying.

I know that I need to go to interviews and will give in my notice as soon as possible if I get this job, but how would you go about it without (as I quite possibly will) breaking down in front of him? I'm a pretty big pushover so I'm worried about being pressured to either work longer notice or stay there.

Thanks!!

Re: Panic attacks over giving in resignation when 4 other people left this month alre

A good boss will look after their staff and always have their backs! staff inturn usually reciprocate this but it doesn't" sound" like your boss gives a jot about you only themselves also notice requirement is usually in your contract so check to see terms month is often for salaried pay but not always! ;-) personally I would take one step at a time and not think too far ahead (easier said than done I know lol) go to the interview (s) see what happens then go from there. Most importantly do not let anyone bully you into a choice make sure its what ' you' want ? the firm(boss) can't make you stay longer than required nd dont forget holiday owed (if any) www.gov.uk has lot of info ! Hope that helps a bit

Re: Panic attacks over giving in resignation when 4 other people left this month alre

If staff are leaving then that should be ringing alarm bells for management to sort their work practices out. I would go for the interview and if you get it, write your resignation stating how you have enjoyed being at the company and learnt a lot and the like, state your reason for leaving in a positive way and wish the company and staff there well in the future. Then stick to that. Good Luck with it

C

Some company bosses really don't give a hoot about staff, and then wonder why they leave..You need to put yourself first, because I will guarantee they won't and by the sounds of it never have..

Be strong and don't give into their manipulation. Check your contract beforehand so you know exactly where you stand on the notice front and stick to it like glue.

Wishing you good luck

Thread Information