Thread: dysthymia ?

dysthymia ?

for over 20 years iv had diagnosis of anxiety/depression and agrophobia but after a meeting with new psychiatrist yesterday he seems to think I have dysthymia,complex ptsd and impulse control disorder but im not sure where my anxiety fits into these new diagnosis? as I cannot go to appointments without the use of diazepam or even go shopping during the day with it either due to massive panic/anxiety attacks' get up at 6 every day so I can get my shopping as soon as shops are open and its very quiet but even then its hard and often get attacks even at that time of day

Re: dysthymia ?

Well, what you are describing is definitely agoraphobia. As for the other diagnoses, compels ptsd means you’d have to be exposed to some kind of trauma. If you have not been, then that is a no. Dysthymia is likely, since you’ve been diagnosed with depression previously. As for the impulse control disorder, those usually manifest in childhood. Growing up, did anyone describe you as impatient, impulsive or attention-seeking?

thanks for the reply
    I did have constant trauma for a while growing up and few other things going on and after speaking with the psychiatrist a lot of my childhood behaviour constantly playing up, disruptive student in all lessons and total pain at school in general and yes impatient definitely fits, its all things that should have been picked up as a kid growing up he said but back then you were just classed as being bad student and disobedient etc but still not sure where my agrophobia and anxiety fits into these diagnosis

Well, complex PTSD is what I have, all due to the same childhood reasons that were compounded by a traumatic event I have now experienced as an adult.

The agoraphobia is being anxious to go out and leave the house without having anxiety attacks.

At lease from a precursory glance, it seems as if you have been diagnosed correctly.

thanks again for taking time out to reply, my issue was with his diagnosis, he did not include agrophobia in my new diagnosis thats what im puzzled by but was wondering if any of the new diagnosis conditions have agrophobia in them?
    thanks again for taking time out to reply to what is probably a stupid question

Well, I have learned over the years that it's not so much the diagnosis, but how you deal with it, that's important.

Thread Information