Thread: strange sensation inmy throat...

strange sensation inmy throat...

i have suffered with anxiety for years but about 2 weeks ago started to feel a strange sensation in my throat... it feels like i have just eaten an extra strong mint and my throat is cool and tingly... for no apparent reason... does anyone else get this????? because its anew feeling when i get it i start to panic and then other symptoms kick in.... its doing my head in!!!!! arghhhhhhh

x x x x

Re: strange sensation inmy throat...

I get it all the time.. Not sure what really causes it.. But I have had it all my life.. also for no reason my lips feel numb .. Weird but bearable.

I tell you what freaked me out once. I used to chew regular gum and I chewed it all the time. I was on my way to pick up my wife and stopped by a store to get gum.

They didn't have any of my regular gum so I picked up the wintergreen. I really didn't think anything about it and was driving and started to chew gum. WOW talk about freak out ..the gum made my throat and tongue and lips feel numb.. It scared me so bad I thought I was having a stroke.. Turns out that is just the way the wintergreen makes you feel.

Im sure its nothing and im 55 and had this all my life so I suspect you are just noticing something that you usually don't notice and worrying about it and concentrating on it .. this is called anxiety ..So yes someone else does get this..If you ever have weird feelings just ask me and I have probably had them before..Take care and try not to worry .. Michael

Thread Information