Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Re: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

I think that's a big part of beating it, learning not to react to it with the negatives it is expected. It sees you don't care and things reduce. I found that.

Resisting just tells it the process is valid, that credible threat. Pushing thoughts away with a negative fear reaction just reinforces it's existence.

Acceptance is a very hard thing to learn but you are on your way now!

Phew, coincidences wont stop. I saw the song "where is my mind" on youtube recommended and then I heard it on TV.

Good thing I didnt panic. Well on my way I guess.

Isn't that the one from the Fight Club credits?

Yep, you are getting used to them as being non threatening. All good steps forward.

Hey guys!
    Gats you are making great progress for what I read. I been out of the forum for a while, university and my job have been taking a lot lately.
    As terry says not reacting to it, its the way to go. Terry how you been doing?

I'm ok thanks, Tom. Still battling on.

How are things going for you?

I am not gonna say Im dancing in rainbows and sunshines, but Im doing fine. Going back to therapy has really helped and I could change my way of dealing with anxiety, no longer as an illness itself but more of a symptom to stressfull situations and how I handled them.

I still have a way to go, but I am doing better. The year started rough with the whole POCD, breaking up with my girlfriend and having some issues landing a job. But it seems I am better at handling all of this, I won't lie and won't say "IM DOING PERFECT" and I don't have some episodes of anxiety every now and then but they are more sporadic as I understand it a little bit better and really care less about it

Well, i can say I am still doing a lot better now. Been mad busy recently. You were right Terry, you brits do have some pretty good tv. I might need to apply for refugee status to get the good old TV and NHS when Trump gets in.

Been super busy. Getting a job soon. OCD is starting to arch up on me again from the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby12 View Post
    Been super busy. Getting a job soon. OCD is starting to arch up on me again from the stress.
    First of all, congratulations on getting a job gats! yeah, stress might build some anxiety as it is a symptom of it. But remember it is a huge MIGHT.

Enjoy having a new job and the whole new experience and don't worry about anxiety, you already know its just something that appears sometimes when you are stressed and doesn't represent a true threat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    First of all, congratulations on getting a job gats! yeah, stress might build some anxiety as it is a symptom of it. But remember it is a huge MIGHT.

Enjoy having a new job and the whole new experience and don't worry about anxiety, you already know its just something that appears sometimes when you are stressed and doesn't represent a true threat to you.
    Hey tom, yeah i am happy about the new job. I guess I am just really uptight right now.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information