Thread: Aching legs

Aching legs

Hi i have been diagnosed with m.e in 1999, but after the children where born now aged 3 and 4, my panic/anxiety symptoms got so bad, i can not drive cos if i stop at traffic lights i feel really dizzy and goes when i drive off again, so bad i have stopped driving, this was since having a panic type attack at a red light. dont go out on my own, feel ill all the time, and my body aches especially my legs really gets me down i sit sometimes with a hot water bottle on them, goes from my buttocks down in both legs,dull drawing ache, can this happen with anxiety or does this seem more like the m.e even the m.e consultant i see is confused i think, any advice?

Hi

This def sounds like anxiety, I get the aching legs a lot along with tingling in them, Anxiety can cause so many awful symtpoms and if you are going through a bad anxiety stage at the mo is likely to be related,

Why not go see your doc for a full check over to put your mind at rest,

Wendy xx

Hi fedupwithit (knowthe feeling!)

I too have ME as well as panic/anxiety and unfortunately many of the symptoms are the same.

I too have achey legs at the moment and have no idea which is causing it - I've given up trying to work it out! Sorry if that's not much help but I guess what I'm saying is it makes no difference which causes it - they just interplay with each other..

I hope you feel better soon xxx

Fee xxxxxx
    www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Re: Aching legs

My right leg gets achey, and I cant help but to think somethings wrong. ive been suffering from anxiety and panic for over a month now and ive been to the dr. and they havent found anything at this point. they just attach it all to the anxiety. i cant believe how hard anxiety and panic is on our bodies, its unbelievable.

Re: Aching legs

I used to get the panic attacks when i was driving as well. it felt like the way i was sitting was not letting me get enough air, and nauseous and i really almost passed out a few times. its awful. i still get it once in a while, but not near as much as i used to.

Exclamation Re: Aching legs

LOW VITAMIN D!! Look, I am no doctor, but I tell ya, I found one that thought outside the box and actually heard me. I had arm aches from my shoulders into my fingers. So achey they felt better if I applied pressure on them or punched something like my couch. It sounds funny but is true. They would come on at anytime. Also my legs same thing but it started in my shoulders and arms. My husband always rubs my feet, and I didnt want him to rub, just hold and squeeze, that is the amount of ache I felt. Naproxen I was given from the first doctor which is basically 2 aleeves at one time. YOU are NOT SUPPOSED to take more than One at a time but one time when I was out of my prescription Naproxen, the doc said I can take two aleeves which is the same as Naproxen so I did and it worked. Anyway, that is ONLY MASKING the pain, but why did it keep coming back? So I decided to keep being my own advocate and went to find another doc who was also a woman, and she said, have you had your vitamin d checked, and I was like no, well WHAT AN AMAZING FIND! MY VITAMIN D WAS SUPER LOW. So much that she gave me prescription vitamin D pills. You take 1 pill a week for 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks , they check you again. It helped me. Now I dont get out in the sun much cause I am disabled with my legs, BUT it dont matter, you can still have vitamin D deficiency, and dont act like OH its a vitamin, cause it is a seriously needed vitamin. I also have found out that I have Lyme disease, so I always wondered if the two have anything to do with each other as to why my vitamin D comes back being low all the time. The docs said before that is was from lack of sun and diet. But I never asked them about the Lyme disease. I got diagnosed with Chronic Lyme disease and have aching joints too now. It is a painful depressing way to live. Either dopped up on pain meds or feel the pain. So my advice to you is to Get vitamin D check and maybe even Lyme disease test.

Thread Information