Thread: coughing so much i think im gonna be sick

coughing so much i think im gonna be sick

hi everyone this is my first post here.

ive had a chest thing going on for about 4 weeks it started with a flu bug and has not gone away.
    im coughing so much at night im heaving like im about to be sick and its keeping me up all night.
    ive been to the dr's 3 times and have been told its all clear but why am i coughing up green/yellow/clear sh#t and making noise's like im being sick.
    nothing works
    can anyone help??

Re: coughing so much i think im gonna be sick

Hiyer Rainman, welcome to NMP. Unfortunately, the question you've asked is impossible question to answer as we aren't medical people here and you are posting about a physical problem. I am really sorry that you are feeling so awful with the remaining cough from your flu, and that you'd not really had much advice from the doctor about how to relieve the cough and what is causing it. Could you go back and see a different doctor ?

Hi Rainman ,green phlegm is a sign of infection .I suggest you keep well propped up in bed as lying down makes you cough more... Buy some .OLBAS OIL and enhale regulary a few drops on a tissue will last a while .This will break down the gunk on your chest It works better than cough medicine .You couLd also try some steam inhalation ,but dont put a towel over your head ,just inhale the steam in a bowl..All these things will help ,If your no better in a few days ,go back to the Dr with a sample of the green phlegm .They dont always give you antibiotics, and if its not always green it suggests it might we clear up without ..Avoid milk before bed as this can cause you to cough more .Hope you feel better soon ..Sue

thanks guys got meds now so fingers crossed it will be gone soon

Similar thing here too, Rainman...coughing, ear almost completely blocked, sneezing...seem to have had it for months but it's probably only about 4 weeks, like you. I'm glad you've got some meds...I might try to see my GP next week if it's no better.

Thread Information