Thread: Breathing

Breathing

Good morning,

Please would anyone be able to help with this? I have been feeling so much better lately (thank you fish oils!) but yesterday I was reading posts about blood clots etc. Since then I have become very concious of my breathing and it doesnt seem right need to take deep breaths quite regularly it seems quite shallow if you know what I mean? I am also overweight but I am quite active I walk 45 minutes at least every day, do you think it could be caused by being overwieght or anxiety or a combination, or should I rush to the doctor as usual?!?!

Thank you

Richard

Hi Richard

I have got the same problem. It usually goes with back and sometimes chest pains. It would go on for a month and then disappear. I am also overweight and it is certainly not helping the situation. Good luck. No need to worry about it.

Jaco

Thanks Jaco, I get chest pains too. very scary! Suppose if we lost weight it would certainly help. This is the first time I have had a sympton of being overweight and its scared me enough to do something serious about it. Good luck to you as well Jaco

I had this too and think it was related to my weight.

See this previous post I made....

Reverse panic

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Richard, does the chest pains go with the shortness of breath?

Jaco

Thanks Nicola, very informative. Better crack on and lose some weight!!

Jaco, I used to get chest pains just on their won but they do seem to have become more frequent since yesterday.

Richard -

**but yesterday I was reading posts about blood clots etc. Since then I have become very concious of my breathing and it doesnt seem right *

This is not coincidence .. You thought things that scared you, your body responded in an appropriate way by preparing gently for a fight/ flight which includes changes in your breathing. Then you got scared of that natural preparatory sequence which is then perpetuating it all in a viscious cycle.

Of course being overweight and underfit will not help as your body has to work that bit harder but you are addressing that now so it'll get better.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi richard,
    i suffer from shallow breathing a lot. for me i don't think it's weight related, but has more to do with health anxiety - if i start thinking about my breathing i start freaking out, worrying i'm not breathing properly etc etc.
    i practice abdominal breathing, which i find helps to regulate my breathing a bit.
    henri x

Thread Information