Thread: Flu bug

Flu bug

I spent all weekend in bed with the flu bug that seems to be going around. Usually I'll be up and about to get on with things if I'm ill but this really knocked me sideways. I felt fine this morning, even though I still have an annoying cough and bunged up chest, but now I feel really fuzzy and dizzy, feels like my sinuses... but obviously this is now leading me to think I'm dying.... as I don't feel there should be any reason why I should feel this way. Urgh!! I've got to drive home in about an hour and a half and know that this will develop further when I'm driving. Any tips anyone?

Re: Flu bug

had that a few weeks back,felt exactly the same, my advice....lots of liquids, home made chicken soup, rest and vit C!

I know how you feel, I've still got the damned thing two weeks after contracting it..anyway, you're not dying!
    try and get a couple of hot drinks inside you before leaving work as the steam will help clear the sinuses a bit.
    Make sure you have the window open a little when you're driving to keep you alert..I hope you don't run into heavy traffic.

Good luck!

oh yeah, think u shoulda took a week off work, everyone else wont be happy if you give it them lol

Oh I know, it was actually someone in the office who gave it to me... everyone is now coming down with it... luckily (or unlikely depending on how you look at it) I had the weekend where I spent the entire time in bed to knock most of it on the head. It's just so weird as I thought I'd knocked it yesterday... and yet I really feel sinusy this afternoon...

I too hope I don't run in to heavy traffic... that's the worst!! Rush hour traffic in London, its a fairly likely posibility!! ARGH!

Thank you both!!

hope you feel better soon

oh I visited London two weeks back, those rush hours would make anybody suffer panic attacks!

Hi.
    I was watching the One show on BBC the other day and the women said that if you have the flu and you don't feel like you're dying, then its not the flu you have!!!!

I've been unlucky enough to have flu at least 6 times. I couldn't move. I slept, i coughed, i ached...i sweated...i froze...its a hateful illness.

Drink lots

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thread Information