Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreading Christmas

Dreading Christmas

I'm dreading Christmas.

Got no invites anywhere and won't even be able to play any music as my dad will be asleep all day in his chair.

We don't have turkey cos he doesn't like it and will probably just have something cheap and "normal" like sausage and chips.

People wonder why I'm messed up, well there's a good example right there.

I've got no freedom at all - it's like being in jail stuck in my room all day, sometimes I feel like just smashing a window or something so that I get sent to actual jail for a few weeks and I can get a proper Christmas dinner and some company in there.

Gordon

Re: Dreading Christmas

Oh Dear Gordy

Rather drastic action

Could you not find a day centre or something to volunteer as a helper at for Xmas???

I know here in Southampton lots of charities are looking for help over the festive season......just an idea

Failing that try and remember it only lasts 24 hours

Luv Kaz x x x

Think I'll just try to sleep all day.

I'm in rural Northumberland and there's nothing here to get involved in.

Be different if I was in a big town or city, I'd get out and about and get involved in lots of things then, but because of council boundaries I can't go to the nearest town 5 miles away as all their centres and stuff come under the next council along and once when I asked to go to centres there as a user I was told I couldn't cos I never lived in their catchment area. I've been a victim of stupid red tape all my life.

Gordon

Hi Gordon,can you cook!!!!Why not do a christmas dinner for you both,dad might be surprised and enjoy it.Its a shame there isnt anything going on near you.Our local church lays on a christmas lunch for people on there own.

Yes I'll offer to cook something.

Won't be anything festive but I might try and get a half decent piece of beef or lamb.

Whether or not I'm allowed to is another thing, I have no say on anything.

My dad got me a crate of beer to drink at Christmas which I do really appreciate but it was cheap weak beer that I don't like (I like Stella or Red Stripe) and when I said it was the wrong beer all hell kicked off. He could have avoided that by spending all of a few seconds asking what beer I would like. But no, he just picks up the cheapest one. No one else is forced to drink a drink that they don't like so why does it happen to me?

Gordon

It may have been the wrong beer Gordon but he did get some.Some people get nothing.I feel that you dont get on with your dad very well am I right.

I do know what its like to have a bad christmas,I have an alcoholic brother who is also biploar.
    Do you live with your dad?

Hi Gordon,

I don't like Christmas either, probably because I am not religous and when it comes to family, I hardly have any!

I will be over at my brother's who is in a similar situation to me, so we keep each other company. As I see it, he invites me over to avoid being alone when others are with people. My Dad chooses to stay at home on his own on Christmas Day so we'll be going over to see him this coming week.

Have you asked whether there is any drop in centre that provides a Christmas lunch (they do in my town and its not council run so there is no residential rule). And yes, you could volunteer to help in the city, and who knows even in your local neighbourhood.

At least, try and get up and out rather than lying in all day!

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Sorry you are feeling down but i am pretty darn sure you are not the only one.

This year, in my house there will be NO Christmas.
    My husband is going to his mothers, my son is going to my sisters with the rest of the family...and me...i will be alone, all day. With no one. No festivities will be taking place. We have NO money, no food, no nothing. I can't leave the house even if i wanted to.

So, don't feel bad, at least your father made an effort. My dad made a rare visit today. He lives in Wales, i live in the SE. I got a grand total of TWO minutes of his time, my sister got TWO HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't be bothered.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I'm sorry that you are all feeling down and can you add me to the list?

My partner will be away working Offshore and my two girls will be here half the day and at their dad's for the other half which I suppose isn't too bad.

Don't get me started on family!!!! Yesterday I couldn't talk as after having a bad cold Laryngitis set in. All I wanted was for my Mum or Dad to get me some Strepsils or anything to ease my throat but they didn't as they were off Christmas shopping!
    Last week after a really bad day my CPN asked my Mum to pick up anti-psychotics for me which she initally agreed to but after the CPN left she said she didn't have time and would get them the next day!

Maybe your Dad did get it wrong but hey he tried! Could you not explain to him that you would like to have a traditional Cmas Dinner and substitute the turkey for chicken or beef? As for not playing your music, do you not have headphones as then you could happily go about the house listening to your music and not disturb your Dad.

The only other thing I can say is roll on the New year!

Pink

Bluebell Im so sorry you will be alone,why arnt your family staying with you for christmas.

My brother is coming over for 3 days,we shall sit here pretending to be happy families.The atmosphere will be awful as usual.He is an alcoholic and a total pain in the neck.I wish it would just come and go!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information