Thread: racing random thoughts and memories

racing random thoughts and memories

Hiya

I am having problems waking up in the middle of the night early hours with the feeling that I cannot just stop thinking I am having racey thoughts that I cannot focus on thisI am feeling that I am going mad I am currently on Citalopram 20 mgs which seem to have helped a lot but this symptom is driving me mad, I cannot concentrate and my thoughts seem to be very random I am also getting lots of memories which are intruding on my thoughts anyone else get this and does it get better, I am gettimg worried now that it is a sign of something very sinister.

Lots of Love

Heather

Re: racing random thoughts and memories

The racing thoughts do get better. I still get them very once in a while when I am over tired or stressed. Try to get your mind to relax, I know it sounds hard but I will let my mind wander for a little while and then I will lay down and start counting to ten. Every time I get a thought other than those numbers, I start over until I can clear my mind. When I first started doing it, it took about an hour to do, but my mind did clear. Now it takes about 5 minutes and my thoughts go away. I also liten to music or focus on my heartbeat. It takes time to retrain the thought process but it can be done. Take care and pm me i can help.

I too had racing thoughts. I'd honeslty just get the most random memory from years before and be so scared. I thought it was a sign of my mind deterioration and me loosing it. Now that I look back though, I realize it was just the state of my highly stressed mind and it was on over load. At night when i just finished a lot of work and was stressed during the day, its like a beehive in my head with the racing thoughts. It passes though, and I don't think its aynthing bad. It could be part of ur meds too!

hope that helps

monika

To heal ilness, begin by restoring balance.

Speak or act negativly, pain follows, Speak or act with a pure heart, and happiness follows.

It's never too late to create a new body.

Wellness is our natural state. Disease is an imposter.

I've never had the racing thoughts, but to be honest, im so glad to hear that other people have had the random memory thing. It hasnt happened to me for a couple of years now, but i do remember it happening over a period of about a month, and although it wasnt particularly unpleasant, it was just strange.

I would be in the middle of something at work and odd memories would just appear, usually about when i was much younger, some from childhood and others from when my own children were small. I tended to put it down to hormones as i was just starting the menopause. I never put it down to anxiety because i had no obvious symptoms of it then, but of course i now know that anxiety is part of the menopause too, and the anxiety got worse as time went on.

I never told anyone about these random memories, and ive never had them back in this way since. It sounds mad to say that the feeling i had with them was almost like a warm glow, and believe me, im definately not a warm glow kind of person lol!

Cath xxx

Thanks so much for these replies I am sure Cath that there is some sort of hormonal things going on I have been tested for the menopause which they say is not happening but I have heard of something called perimenopause which apparently can go on for years, its weird isn't it the random memories, I can also remember dreams from years ago
    monika thanks for the advice I read the Citalopraso leaflet and it said that it can cause strange thoughts.

Once again I would like to say that this site is an absolute godsend.

Much love to you all.

Heather

I posted a similar thread about this too, seems like I'm not the only one who has this too. I am relieved that I am not weird or something like that. Please have a look at my thread and see if I'm having the same things as yours.

Hormones often cause me breaking out in tears and getting the memories going over and over again. Is this linked with Anxiety? I think this is linked with hormones, anxiety and stress. My mind is not that over-loaded really as I have nothing to think about - memories are the only things that fills my head at the moment lol.

Starry xx

Thread Information