Thread: Dont understand whats going on

Dont understand whats going on

Ive been told by the doctors that a lot lf my symptoms are 'stress'. Im sure thats right as I had a couple of panic attacks d up in A&E and didnt even realise it was a panic attack. Nor did the doctors they just couldnt find anything wrong and sent me home. Youde think they would have known. Anyway what I dont understand is why I feel SO ill ALL the time day after day. I feel like Ive got a sort of flu or a bad hangover with headaches and someitmes sort of waves of strange tingly feelings going through me. Its really hard to describe but sometime I feel like I cant bear it any longer. And it just goes on month after month even when I dont feel particularly worried or stressed. Can anyone identifywith this. should I be taking some medication or do you think this is 'the slippery slope' Has anyone found that drugs really help them. I did take some valium last night that a friend gave me but I dont think doctors are very keen on valium. I think it has helped a bit though. does anyone else feel ill ALL the time day after day. I am in despair really and cant understand what is going on physically. Im going to see my gp later but not sure what they can do for me.

Gill,

i can totally identify with you!!!

i dont take drugs only Pure Omega 3 tabs as they supposed to do a similar thing. not sure if there helping or not.

Liz

Hi Gill,

I do know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like I'm hungover (when I'm really not) and I can't concentrate or do anything much useful. For the past few days I've been aching all over, and I think that's got something to do with all the tension in my body right now.
    Sometimes it makes me think that's there's something really wrong with me, but I do think it's just all my anxieties building up and flooding my body.
    I try to eat well, have fruit at my desk and drink a lot of water. I also drink a lot of herbal tea. No caffeine. I think these things help a bit at least. I also do go home early if I feel really bad. I guess we just have to be gentle with ourselves until we feel better.
    xx

I too understand sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me or what I did that was so wrong to deserve this.
    Depression ,anxiety and stress can cause so many other things,I used to think my doctor just used that as an excuse until I found this site and realised it wasn't me just looking for problems but they were real and I wasn't on my own.
    I have been on cipramil and tamazepam for two years and often wonder if they are helping but when I did stop taking them I felt even worse.
    Here is a great place to find help and get support.
    xxxx

Hi Gill, I think you should get some medication. Panic attacks and anxiety cause lots of tension, which go hand in hand with all sorts of aches and pains such as chest pains, pains in the ribs, upper and lower back, tingling sensations all over the body. I have been on medication for just over a month Prozac and 2mg of Diazepam as and when needed. It really has helped me. I'm not saying it has shifted everything completely, but the Prozac won't properly be in my system yet as it takes at least a couple of months and the Diazepam takes the edge off the panic. I have had one panic attack in the past 3/4 months and it was over and done with in no time. Don't spend too much time worrying about flu symptoms, aches and pains, they are all anxiety related and you will get used to them. I have nothing to be depressed about, yet I still suffer, but it really is nothing to worry about no matter how frightening the symptoms get.

Good luck.

Les, xx

Hi Gill
    Yep I can understand what you are going through - I think when we are stressed it gets stored up and can take months to come out in the form of anxiety or panic attacks. I think we just have to be kinder to ourselves and go with the flow and not be afraid, Well done and use this site as its really good to have others to talk to xxx Wenjoy

can you discribe the panic that didn't seem like a panic attack I do this all the time all my life in fact till now and I know i5t was basicly a fear being seen to panic. I was curious that all anout your view on the panic that didn't seem like panic

Anxiety causes all sorts of nasty and just plain inconvenient symptoms. I've read so much about how and why this happens to the body and it is helping me understand why my body is reacting in this way - which kind of helps a bit. There are resources out there that explain about how stress etc affects the body and that it takes a long time for the body to recover even after the 'stress' has gone - I never understood that before. The problem comes when we start to 'stress' over the symptoms of our stress - it's a bit of a vicious circle that we have to break free from - easier said than done but I know it is possible.

Thread Information