Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning when peeing? Anyone?

Re: Burning when peeing? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    So you completely ignored my reply but acknowledged the same reply posted later from 'little miss worry', typical male...after all, what's my red apple compared to her photo eh? only joking

But the same message still stands. ..we cannot diagnose, which is more or less what you are asking us to do. See your doctor again if you are worried about this.

Best wishes
    ISB ☺
    Haha no please don't see it that way. It was more, reading both of them together and just replying. Generally speaking.

Issue still remains. When urine is concentrated it stings a little. When it's not, it doesn't or hardly at all. At least it's got no worse. No discharge or swelling or redness. I am confused.

Going to the doctors again tomorrow. Will try keep updated. As an anxiety sufferer also sometimes I go in hermit mode and don't come on the internet.

Im just scared :/

So been to the docs. Had another urine test.

No sign of infection.

Could this just be thrush then? Considering I've had TWO negative urine tests in less than 2 weeks. I asked what they show and they say anything that indicates and infection or any proteins or sugars. They would then go for further testing if they showed up.

I'm perplexed. I guess I'm happy in a way I don't have an infection but, I'd like answers!

I'm leaning towards a yeast infection now. As they don't show up in urine tests. Any thoughts?

I still think you're irritating the area yourself. Have you monitored your poking and prodding? I say this bc I do it all the time and cause symptoms I decide are due to an underlying illness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been stopping that as the itching has worn off a lot compared to the start. Although I've had some today/yesterday and have been "scratching" a bit.

It still doesn't burn when my urine is diluted/clear. And with 2 urine tests with 2 different doctors showing no infection... that would clear me of any UTI or STI etc? Right?

Yes, I would definitely say you're cleared of infection.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It sounds like irritation rather than infection since the urine tests were clear. Sometimes I have burning if I don't drink enough water, and sometimes first thing in the morning after getting up. It's because it's concentrated like you said. Some folks just need to drink more. Also, sometimes spicy foods or irritating foods/beverages can cause this, according to my doctor.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna have to investigate a bit further I think. It's still hanging around. I can't see it being an infection after 2 doctors and 2 negative urine tests.

But it's definitely still there! Hmmm.. I'll keep anyone updated if I find out more.

Ok so it hurt this morning. And itched afterwards. My urine was pretty concentrated though. Im going to the sexual health clinic tomorrow - wish me luck! Im terrified. Even with 2 negative tests.

Could this be herpes? I don't have any sores.

Also, 2 weeks ago I started taking cystopurin for 2 days (Cystopurin is a 48 hour treatment for the symptoms of cystitis.) - I kept urinating a lot, very diluted, and I had no pain for 2 days.

Bizarre!

Ok as promised, an update. (may be redundant but I know from experience how frustrating it can be to see a post just end without an answer when you're experiencing similar issues)

I went to the sexual health clinic. Had another urine test and a swab. I don't know what it's like for a woman but for a man, that swab HURTS. Only for a few seconds but jeez. Haha.

Anyway, they found "some pus cells" which indicates an infection. They haven't told me what infection yet. They said they'd text me the results. I haven't received any results and it's been over 24 hours.

They gave me 100mg of doxycycline which covers mos infections from NSU, UTI, STIs... so whatever it turns out to be I guess it's covered. Started taking them yesterday so it's only been 24 hours and symptoms persist. I'm aware it can take a while to start noticing a change.

So there you go! I'll keep you all updated.

Update. Slight improvement. Itching completely ceased.

Still some burning when urinating.

It's been 4 days of a 7 day course. Should the burning have gone now do you think?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information