Thread: Feeling hopeless!

Unhappy Feeling hopeless!

I have never liked heights since I was old enough to realise the dangers. It was that and the fear I had of speaking in front of an audience.
    But anyway After coming off sertraline about 3-4 years ago due to palpitations I was getting, I've slowly started getting worse, I have now developed a phobia of tall buildings, open/busy areas, high ceilings (such as shopping centres, MEN arena etc) plus nervous speaking with people?! These are even people I work with. I just feel in general a nervous person now, unable to look people in the eyes when speaking to them.
    I decided that maybe I'd be better of finding the root cause like other have said so went to hypnotherapy which did nothing apart from put a hole in my wallet, but I followed it up for a few sessions with no luck.
    I felt like I had no other option but to turn back to medication where I was prescribed propranolol, but didn't really get much relief even from physical symptoms.
    Feeling pretty hopeless!
    Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Last edited by T24; 06-03-17 at 10:20.

Re: Feeling hopeless!

Hi!

I know what you're going through I had severe anxiety being in public places and being around people and speaking with them made me irrationally nervous. I'd get sweaty palms, heart palpitations, and feel like I needed to escape. It made me feel ridiculous and crazy.

Hypnotherapy will not work in fact that will exacerbate the problem. Pills won't solve your problems!

You are right that the root of the problem needs to be fixed and the one thing that worked for me was to learn about the root causes of mental illness and apply what I learned off of a YouTube channel.

If you search for House of Healing AZ on YouTube and look up the videos on "anxiety, mentally ill, rejection, blockers" that is a good starting place. I would also browse through the videos and watch any with titles that stick out to you. That's what I did and what has helped me get well again.

He does livestreams every Tuesday and Friday as well.

Stick with it and every week you will get better! You need to build up your faith and grow stronger each day.

There is hope!

Re: Feeling hopeless!

Thanks for your reply I'll check them out!

Thread Information