Thread: Underarm/breast pain question

Underarm/breast pain question

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice , ive been suffering from underarm pain on and off for a while now always in the right breast area , seen gp and he wasnt concerned as there were no lumps or bumps or anything else etc he could feel in breast or underarm area , i was just wondering if anyone else gets this and if it comes and goes, its not sore when i sit and do nothing ,its when i move i can sometimes feel a twinge and what i can only explain as if someones lifted me up underneath and it can feel muscular..... am i making sense!!
    Anyway i still get really concerned in case he's missed something , ive had this going on now for at least year and a half so if it was a cancer would it have manifested itself by now and would the symtoms be more consistent like all the time ? plus i recently had a load of blood tests done which were all normal part from one , but when i got it redone it was fine , i just get really scared , im 39 later this yr and was thinking hormonal but it sometimes doesnt fit with the timimg for menstrual things, its just weird how it comes and goes , sorry for going on xx

Re: Underarm/breast pain question

Anyone have any thoughts x

Nice to hear from someone else who gets this - you describe the feeling as if somoene has lifted you up under your arms perfectly. I have had this for many years - it comes and goes and I think like you that it must be muscular or something - I think with me it gets worse if I have been carrying my handbag for long periods of time?

As you have had it so long I doubt there is anything to worry about if it was cancer you would either have a big lump by now or be dead!

I bet like me you have had a good feel in your armpits and nothing all normal.

Thinking back to when my son who is now 29 yrs old!!! was a baby he was a big heavy baby and I had about 6 months of terrible pain under my left armpit and eventually after seeing Dr loads of time she asked me which side I carried my baby on and it was always left side as I am left handed - I had forgotten about this till now.

sounds muscular and if there are no lumps or bumps they can't even do an ultrasound or biopsy. if u'r really concerned maybe ask for a mammogram just to be on safe side. by having one at an early age they will have a baseline one for when u have them when your older then. i'm 35 and plan on having one when i'm 40 (before 35 they can't do mamograms as breast tissue too dense so nothing shows up!)
    it's worth getting checked thou then you can totally put it out of your mind. like others have said thou after a year and half i'm sure if it was serious you'd know be now. also as a rule cancer isn't painful!

Thanks for your replies, i just get fed up with having this voice in my head saying what if ........and i dont want to go and complain about this again to my doctor as he's felt my boobs so many times lol, i just get fed up obsessively feeling them all the time and not feeling anything although that is a good thing . Its just so strange how we get things that causes us pain and we get or have no rational explanation for it and that's what really scares me xx

Hiya

well im 23 and am large breasted and i suffer from exactly the same, I have seen to gps who have throughly checked underarms and breasts and said no lumps or bumps. I kept going back because i have two lumps in the female area which i have been told were cysts but i couldn't think of anything else apart from Lymphoma. I am now 4months pregnant and they are worse then ever and in parts are lumpy but again this is to do with pregnancy and is perfectly normal. I under stand why you would be worried and its perfectly normal... i suppose we just need to trust our gps and know that we are not alone and many of us suffer with these different problems... all part of being a woman eh

Thread Information