Thread: Mixed batch of fluoxitine..?

Mixed batch of fluoxitine..?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has been given a mixed batch of fluoxitine before?
    I picked up my prescription today and noticed the chemist had written mixed batch on the label. When I checked the tablets they are 2 different makes of fluoxitine in there. When I say makes I mean it's still fluoxitine but it different company names on the blister packs and the tablets are a different colour.
    This means I will be taking 3 different batches of fluoxitine over the next month. Some are made by Relon chem, then I have been given co-pharma, these are a complete different colour to my usual brand which are by brown & Burk.
    Im a bit worried the new tablets could trigger some side effects if they are slightly different in ingredients... Has anyone come across this before..?
    Thanks in advance..xx

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Mixed batch of fluoxitine..?

Just different inactive ingredients perhaps. Nothing to worry about - you will still be getting same dose of fluoxetine.

I've had loads of different brands of same med over the years and can't say I've ever noticed anything significant.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Mixed batch of fluoxitine..?

I've had this with other meds e.g. antibiotics, in the past.

The active drug will be the same, it's the other things they add that may differ. Some people find this a problem, others don't. If you start to experience issues then it's worth seeing your GP about it but try to be open minded too because just like you said anxiety will try to plant a seed about this being something to worry about. In my experience, side effects tend to stick out more than normal anxiety that is spiking because you experience things you don't normally within your anxiety but obviously just raised anxiety can be a side effect so it can be confusing.

Thread Information