Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If people only knew what comments they made to someone can actually efect them.

Angry If people only knew what comments they made to someone can actually efect them.

I am fine around people I know, but meeting few people can make me very nervous.

I am an avon rep and thought it was about time I put book through my road and try to get new customers, I havebeen putting this off for years as the thought of doing it made me panic and feel sick. I finally felt good and thought I would do it. Headed out and stated doing it, had a mini panic attack in the car and sat there for a while but finally manage the courage to get out and start putting books through, each book I put through I started to feel a little bit better, came across this house that had a note outside saying no junk mail or free newspapers, I decided to drop the book through as mine was neither a newspaper nor was it it junk (to me junk is leaflets etc etc) I have a few customers that have that outside their door buit still buy from me. Anyway about a second later this women came marching up the road and asked if I was stupid and could read, it says I don't want any of this crap ! I politely tried to explain that I hve customers who have a note outside but still order, I said I didn't do it to cause offence just tryin to make some extra money, she just tutted and walking off muttering stupid girl!!

Came straight on as legs were shaking, now i have lots of books that I have paid for and too anxious to post through doors, and worse than that I have to go back in a few days and collect the ones I ha managed to drop off. The thought of which collecting makes me feel sick. I know the book is not to everyones taste but would it of been so hard to leave a note saying please dont deliver it again like many seem to be able to do.

Re: If people only knew what comments they made to someone can actually efect them.

Hi Breeze,

I cannot believe some people all you were doing was putting a avon brochure through the letterbox.
    especially as you made such an effort to actually do it,just don't let one small minded person ruin it for you.

Re: If people only knew what comments they made to someone can actually efect them.

Hi Breeze

I started a catalogue delivery job this weekend to try and help me overcome my agoraphobia and in the past three days have come accross several of these people, they have been quite rude to me and nearly put me off delivering my catalogues. One woman even ran down the road yelling at me, would have been far less energy for her to just put the catalogue back on the step and I would have taken it away the next day. I was put off by this at first but then I decided to stick with it and just be extra polite to these people and take no notice. We are out there just trying to earn a few pounds and we are entitled to do so, if these people want to take offence at one catalogue being put into their letter box then I think they are the ones who have a problem not us. Carry on delivering your books and take no notice, most people are nice, some don't care either way and there will always be the people that get upset.

Hope you do well with your Avon.

Carol

Rude, nasty people are around everywhere, it can make life unpleasant, but only if you let them. She is not your problem, this lady obviously has issues and probably hasn't much going on in her life to be bothered to go out, chase and shout at you.

I understand that as it's taken up a lot strength to be able to start this job, some nasty woman has come along, upset you and it feels like she has ruined it for you. Don't let her ! This lady is the person with the problem, you did nothing wrong, try not to let her live rent free in your mind, she isn't worth it,... you are.

I guess you're feeling a lot of negative adrenaline at the moment as it's just happened. Try and relax, have a bath and listen to some calming music, anything to help take your mind off it, as the more you dwell the worse it'll get. Why let some lunatic woman spoil things for you.

Dust yourself off and try again. Tomorrow is a new day.

Many thanks for your replies, they have made me feel so much better

Your right I cant let one person knock me all the way down. It did take a lot of courage and it will again tomorrow, but I will go back, I dont think I will take my sons suggestion to go back to her house and push all our rubbish through her door but he did make me laugh when he said she will then know the difference between junk and a catalogue lol.

I think will feel a lot better if I get some orders, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I like posting here as I know none will think I am being daft unlike friends/family in real life.

Yes please dont let that horrible woman upset you - she clearly has some issues - good on you for being back out there!

there are two types of people, high emotional intelligence and low emotional intelligence, me I am high emotional intelligence. I'm always aware of how other people are feeling. I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings.
    then people wit low emotional intelligence simply do not sense other people emotions much less understand their own feelings.
    don't take it personally, the hardest thing to learn is not to give a damn about how other people see us. once we accept ourselves as valuable, smart, pretty, lovable intelligent it will be easier not to let others affect us so much

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    there are two types of people, high emotional intelligence and low emotional intelligence, me I am high emotional intelligence. I'm always aware of how other people are feeling. I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings.
    then people wit low emotional intelligence simply do not sense other people emotions much less understand their own feelings.
    don't take it personally, the hardest thing to learn is not to give a damn about how other people see us. once we accept ourselves as valuable, smart, pretty, lovable intelligent it will be easier not to let others affect us so much
    Thank you so much for this post. explaining it like that has really helped. I like you always try and think of other peoples feelings and put myself in their shoes etc etc.

I have laid awake most of the night trying to talk myself out of not going this morning to do the rest of my books, but I am still determined to do it, and I WILL do it.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply, it means so much.

Well pleased with myself and did the rest. Had a couple of people come out and give it back and say not interested, but they were polite so I did not have a problem.
    Just trying to focus tomorrow on collecting and managing to get through the morning.

Well done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information