Thread: tips for calming the panic

tips for calming the panic

I have Health Anxiety and I have been working on how to calm the extreme panic I feel when I find something on my body or read something that makes me stressed or panic.
    • wait one week to book an appointment with the GP, write in your diary the day you notice the new 'symptom' and book an appointment for a week after, usually the 'symptom' will have gone. (don't do this if you have something wrong with u that requires immediate attention)
    • don't google symptoms, if you HAVE to, go to trusted sites like the NHS and just take the first three suggestions as to what it is as these are usually the most common causes.
    • Call on someone you trust to call or text when you are at the height of your anxiety, maybe explain the condition so that they are prepared to listen and tell you if they have the same mark/bump/feeling in their body too
    • try not to read articles that you think may set your anxiety off, just move on to the next article.
    • if you are having a bad day, put a funny film on your mobile, ipad or laptop and take it around with you as you do something pro active and mindless, such as, washing up, gardening, sorting out cupboards etc..
    this is the advice I would give another HA sufferer, these are the things that work for me PERSONALLY.

I hope that these might help you too

lauren x

Re: tips for calming the panic

Great advice,! Thank you!

Thread Information