Thread: Missed heartbeats....again!

Missed heartbeats....again!

Hi everyone,

I have not beeen like this for a while and I am so scared. I have been getting the ectopic beats now for about 3 hours non stop and I am worried sick to the point where I am going to take myself up to the doctors sooner rather than later! I have been doing so well but I just cannot get a grip...I am thinking why now? why have I been ok and then suddenly it goes really bad again?
    Does anybody know if there are any links with ectopic beats and gastric issues.....as I had not eaten since 9am this morning then when I got home I ate 4 mini sausage rolls with brown sauce (I was sooooo hungry) and then all of a sudden my heartbeat was going crazy and missing beats all over the place....and I could not get it under control!
    Please somebody help me I am feeling so desperate at the moment and a little like I am going to go insane as I think I am going to die...like my heartbeat is just going to get in such an irregular rythm that it is going to stop.

Angie x

Well, if you hadn't eaten antything since 9 , no doubt there was a huge whoosh of acid and adrenaline/ cortisol in order to kick off the digestion process especially for the high fat snacks.

Why, may I ask, have you not eaten anything for 7-10 hours ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Meg,

I strated work at 6.30am and had breakfast at 9am and then I worked till 3 but I had forgotton to take any lunch as I was in a rush to get out of the door. So do you think the acid could cause skipped heartbeats then?

Angie x

Hi Angie,

I hope you're feeling better now. I haven't posted for a few days, and not checked any new postings so I missed yours. The last post I did was about how well I was doing and how my missed beats had 'got better,' well, guess what, they've come back. I don't know if there is any connection with eating/digestion etc., but I do know that they can be erratic and come on at the strangest of times, when you're not expecting them. I'm sure you've read some of my posts, its the only thing I usually go on about LOL and I hope some of the replies have reassured you. I have had them this morning, for no apparent reason, but up to now, I'm trying to not let them scare me.

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me, if you need to talk.
    Love, Linda.xxx

Hi Linda,

Yes I have read many of your posts and I have even replied sometimes with some advice.......but when it happens to me I just totally freak out....as you probably know.
    I am really glad to hear that you are doing much better. The only thing I can say is that the good says are fantastic but the bad days are sooooooooo bad!
    Take care
    Angie
    x

Hi Angie-

I have the same exact thing... the other day i hardly ate anything, and I had a ton of missed beats. Im not sure about the science behind it all... but I know that when I dont eat, my heart goes a little funny... I have had a million heart tests, and everything seems to be normal now.

hi angie

I haven't had any missed beats for a while now and yesterday (15th oct) just out the blue i had them on and off all day i think it was because i was a bit stressed so today i have had the odd one or two not as bad as yesterday though.

linda xx

Thread Information