Thread: Help needed urgently

Help needed urgently

REAL Advice needed for someone (me) with phobia of ALL people in uniforms, specially those that look like police/ambulance. Emergency vehicles and staff (all), who has to do a 30 minute walk each DAY now and I do run if I see them. Proper advice only please. I am not as stupid as to run into a road or danger but will begin to cry and repeat 'please don't take me away till everyone stares at me and hopefully blocks them. I don't care what they think of me just getting distance between. If they start walking toward me I then begin to run if it is safe to do so.

I also dislike the colours blue, red, bright yellow and any other emergency related colour.
    Last edited by HotHairBaloon; 21-10-14 at 23:18.

Re: Help needed urgently

I recommend seeing if there is a Triumph Over Phobia group near you - they are very helpful with phobias and OCD things.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Nope, nothing in this area at all it's a dump. Even Mind turned me away.

Ok. Well TOP group bassically teaches CBT techniques and support you through gradual exposure. There is a link in my signitiure for CBT4PANIC. It's free and so helpful and uncomplicated and talks you through what happens with fear and panic. Although it's more geared towards panic attacks, it's just as helpful for phobias and it does cover them too. I would reccomend this. Exposure is the true antidote to fear. Best of luck

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Phobias may be inherited Re: Help needed urgently

Dear HotHairBaloon,

There is a recent study that suggests phobias may be inherited. It was observed that mice trained to fear the smell of cherries passed this fear down to their offspring. If you haven't experienced any trauma that could have lead to your fears then perhaps this is inherited trauma?

You could try the following salves. They have helped me and I've seen positive changes in the people I've shared them with. The salves are called "Mental Clarity" and "Emotional Equanimity" and are to be used along with a recording called the Serenades of Love (a download version is available too).

It would be a good idea to do a deeper cleansing of all your traumatic experiences (especially each of the times you experienced the kind of fear you describe in your post - each incident just reinforces the fear-uniform link - so best to detox from those emotions.). But to start with I recommend trying the salves. Just do a search with the names of the salves and "Love Energy Techniques"

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHairBaloon View Post
    REAL Advice needed for someone (me) with phobia of ALL people in uniforms, specially those that look like police/ambulance. Emergency vehicles and staff (all), who has to do a 30 minute walk each DAY now and I do run if I see them. Proper advice only please. I am not as stupid as to run into a road or danger but will begin to cry and repeat 'please don't take me away till everyone stares at me and hopefully blocks them. I don't care what they think of me just getting distance between. If they start walking toward me I then begin to run if it is safe to do so.

I also dislike the colours blue, red, bright yellow and any other emergency related colour.

I can have some anxiety over officers and certain individuals that claim to uphold the law, the reasoning is a log story... I get nervous when I see them, idk why... So yes I can relate somewhat

I wish you luck..
    Sorry you're going through this.

Thread Information