Thread: Lynda Bellingham story has made me very frightened...

Unhappy Lynda Bellingham story has made me very frightened...

With so much lately about Lynda Bellingham everywhere lately and now the sad news that she didn't get her one last wish to see Christmas, my already out of control HA has got a whole lot worse...Being an ibs sufferer for many years it has changed since June since I got a bout of gastroenteritis on holiday for 3 days in Spain. Since then, I have had horrendous bloating on most days at work (not as bad at the weekends..But not work stress) and the wind has been much worse and embarrassing...prob that's why it is worse during the week cos I am at work and can't get rid of it...now for the last couple of weeks I am getting really bad low backache and twinges in lower abdomen so of course now think it is now cancer and I am sat here crying because I am too scared to go to the drs and be told the worst as I am the most negative person on the planet and would just give up at the first post. I am going thru all the scenario of being told..telling the family and then going through the abyss...I have tried CBT..useless as I am too negative...I know we all have to die but I hate it when you see all these 'how I coped' stories because you don't cope really...you just wait till there's no more they can do...sorry to rant on..had a really bad night and I am off work on holiday this week thank goodness. I am 55 so no the chances are that it isn't going to be good.
    Last edited by JustJules; 21-10-14 at 09:59. Reason: Forgot age..

Re: Lynda Bellingham story has made me very frightened...

I know what you mean about the Lynda thing. No disrespect to her at all, she was a lovely and wonderful woman, but this summer it was an initial fear of BC that got me in the state I'm in, so seeing people to have it and succumb is very hard. I have bloating and twinges as well. It could be that you're slightly intolerant to something you're eating? The best thing for you would be to see a dr if only to put your mind at rest. I understand that it's scary but it's best to nip it in the bud as early as possible. xx

Ask your doctor to be referred for a flexi sigmoidoscopy. I had one 2 weeks ago and almost immediately my symptoms disappeared. I'd lost blood and absolutely freaked out - sudden onset of crippling pain and cramp, constipation, having to go through the night etc. My HA was absolutely through the roof and I was in bits! Paid £200 to go private as quicker and once I got the all clear (they can you there and then) my symptoms were gone and now I'm totally back to normal. It's actually phenomenal what your mind can do to your body! Trust me I was 100% convinced I had colon cancer, even though I'm only 26 with no family history! Go to the doctor and get yourself peace of mind xx

Stop reading newspapers, stop watching the News on TV; just watch specific programs and you will find your HA improve. The Media is crippling us with Fear and Panic. This sort of thing would never have been brought to our attention a few decades ago. They do it with illness, disease, floods, storms, accidents and anything else they can think of to frighten the Hell out of us. Believe me, I've stopped and already feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Stop reading newspapers, stop watching the News on TV; just watch specific programs and you will find your HA improve. The Media is crippling us with Fear and Panic. This sort of thing would never have been brought to our attention a few decades ago. They do it with illness, disease, floods, storms, accidents and anything else they can think of to frighten the Hell out of us. Believe me, I've stopped and already feeling better.
    Carnation is spot on!
    Headlines are there to sell newspapers, and they do anxiety sufferers no favours.
    Let's put this in perspective - Lynda Bellingham died at 66, Donald Synden died recently in his 90's. How many front page headlines did you read about him?

Thread Information