Thread: Brain tumour worries

Brain tumour worries

So this all started just over a year ago when I had a pressure behind my eyes and a mild headache with pressure also in the top left side of my head. After a couple of months and a reassuring visit to the doctor where he just told me it was basically just anxiety , the sensations went away. However, a month or so ago the feelings started to come back again and I am experiencing things now worse than ever. I don't really get headaches, but I have started to experience nausea, head pressure and some muscle twitches in my arm (not the whole arm just a small muscle in my forearm).

I don't understand why it had gone for a whole year then just returned like this again. It keeps me up at night all the time and I feel stupid going to the doctor as I went about pretty much the same thing last year... Plus I don't really want to take too much time away from university. I feel sick when I start to think about it and makes me want to throw up.... If my mind is busy and I'm not thinking about it it really doesn't bother me at all but then when it's lonely and quiet at night it bugs me again..help please... What should I do? Do my symptoms sound worrying?

Re: Brain tumour worries

Bumped bump bump

---------- Post added at 09:22 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Iiv had like. 5 hours of sleep again because I couldn't sleep last. Ignite and I have voluntary work on Wednesdays :( I hate this... But I imagine I'll go to see a doctor and he will just do some minor tests and send me packing with another anxiety case ...please respond someone and tell me your opinion .. It's literally from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep that I have these anxious feelings

Brain tumours don't come and go.

I went through something similar a few months ago. I was keeping myself awake all night, getting 3-4 hours sleep because I was terrified. I was too afraid to go to sleep incase I didn't wake up. I was convinced I would have a seizure or a stroke or that I had a brain tumor. I refused to go anywhere alone because I didn't want to be on my own when I had a seizure/stroke.

I went to the doctor and he wasn't very helpful. He pretty much dismissed it and told me to take pain killers. I still get pains in my head/pressure every now and then but it isn't as severe and I never get as worried. I think it's because I've accepted that it's something muscular or tension from my anxiety causing the headaches. The fact that you aren't getting much sleep probably isn't helping your head either. Try and do a meditation before bed or if you cant focus on that, watch TV until you eventually fall asleep. Try not focus so much on your head and tell yourself the pressure/headaches are down to anxiety. You said yourself after you saw the doctor last year and he said it was anxiety it went away. When you believe its anxiety it will go.

Good luck

Hi Daryl,

the headaches are due to tensing scalp muscles and adrenaline being released into muscles in area. You may get a darting pain, this is due to constant tension making the muscles fatigued.

Also the pressure behind your eyes is because of fatigue of eye muscles. Muscles behond eyes become tired and it affects focusing mechanism. You may even get flashing before eyes, bolts of lightening, lose color, these are all due to fatigue of eye muscles. Nothing to be concerned about!

Best,

Jon
    Please see my blog to read about the techniques which have helped me be able to leave my house, travel to the other side of the world, become a teacher, and speak in front of 50 plus people. http://therightinnervoice.com/

But now Iv started get muscle twitches aswell, all over my body, really small ones.. i dont know whether its because im tense or because of a possible tumour :S Im feeling nauseous recently too but again... symptom of anxiety...

Thread Information