Thread: different pins and needles

different pins and needles

hi everyone,

i have read some of the posts here on pins and needles, but i feel mine are a bit different. i have had the ones when im having a panic attack, and i understand why they happen, and they dont scare me. these ones are different. i get them when im asleep, fair enough, i know everyone gets these...but im getting them in my hands only and quite often now, like almost every nite. almost every morning i wake up and have to move to restore blood in that area again....i havent googled about it yet...and im trying to not worry about it...any advice?
    ive started going to the gym 3 times a week, so i dont think its cause im too unhealthy????
    im not sure......

Re: different pins and needles

Hi
    I get that quite often as well,i always put it down to how i have been sleeping, i never get it in my feet overnight. Im sure its nothing to worry about.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

It could be cos you are sleeping on them funny or could be what I have and that is carpal tunnel syndrome.

The doctor can diagnose that very easily so maybe worth a visit.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi,

thanks for your replys!
    i did a bit of googling on carpal tunnel syndrome...
    i could be wrong, but i dont think i have that( i might just be hoping tho, cause i feel like i have enough to deal with with acid reflux-on meds, and ibs-possibley both will be permanent problems, cant handle another problem i need to live with, not yet at my age anyway....lol. my pins and needles seem to mostly be in my last three fingers, not my thumb, index, etc...also, i never never get them in the day, only after i wake from sleeping. i will double check it with my doc soon tho, just to make sure.
    i heard from a doc on tv that the first thing he tells his patients when they complain of this is to buy a new pillow- weird eh? he says ppl dont change their pillows oftern enough, and it causes frequent pins and needles, so i think i might try this first. my pillows are ancient...funny how the body works eh?

Another symptom directly resulting from this is tingling in fingers and toes. A sure sign of hyperventilation. The numbness is a symptom that its hard to get used to – why 3 fingers and not the whole hand or just the right side and not the left etc. This often leads people to self diagnosing strokes and fits whereas this is ‘just’ hyperventilation and extremely easy to correct.

Hyperventilation is not a serious medical condition as the body will automatically readjust when you let it. However, the sensations are extremely unpleasant and frightening. In many cases the sufferer has lost the ability to control their breathing correctly and this can be remedied by re-learning a correct method of breathing , from the abdomen and longer the out breath (count of 11) than the in one (on count of 7) and as slow as you can make it.

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:
    You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:
    Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
    Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
    Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It’s nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i get numbness and pins and needles almost every night. once i woke up in the middle of the night and i couldn't feel any of my limbs which sent me into a huge panic attack. it went away after a couple of minutes though. also i woke up one night and i had pins and needles down the left side of my face again i had a huge panic attack i was so scared i thought i was having a stroke, but it went away and i was fine. it's still worrying though.

Thread Information