Thread: cleavage

cleavage

Hi
    Just needed to get some reasurance
    I was doing so well with my cbt, not seeking reasurance and not checking my body as much. Then last night I remembered a worry I had a while ago - I noticed something in the mirror in my cleavage - looked lumpy but couldnt feel anything I think its a vein just sticking up from the skin or a stretch mark as I have loads
    So I started prodding and poking again
    Then in the shower this morning I noticed a red spot just below the breasts but in the cleavage breast bone area. So i prodded it - and it feels like a little soft lump, I think its a spot, could be where my bra has been - but I cant stop checking it not - so its all gone red.
    I dont think thats breast tissue but i dont really know and dont want to google to find out - Ive had breast exams before and dont remember them checking there and had a mamogram which im sure didnt check there - thing is my mum had breast cancer and its been my main cause of anxiety

I know i need to wait and see if it goes away but i cant - and ive now started taking my propanalol again - feel like im going backwards

Re: cleavage

Hi debbs sorry you are feeling like this, and worried about your breasts, but if i were you i'd go and get checked. a lot of people have spots and stretch marks, but as you are getting so anxious about it, for your own piece of mind, get it looked at, it will put your mind at rest.

Plus all the poking and prodding will have made it red, hope you feel better soon and try not to worry

Hi
    Well ive just had another look now all the redness has died down - its not actually on the breast - just slightly below and between - i think its definatly a spot - it is just a red spot - and i get plently of those. If it was somewhere else on my body i wouldnt freak out.
    It did make me angry that i felt like this - so i forced myself to actually go on the breast cancer uk and breast cancer care websites and i even watched a breast exam - now thats progress for me.
    Im hoping to take something positive from this, but im not going to go to the drs unless it didnt go away or got bigger or something x

Well done debbs, you are seeing it for what it is, a spot, and i think you are making good progress, like you say if it was on your arm or leg it would'nt bother you, so try to stop prodding lol, and i'm sure it will go away xx

Thread Information