Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My temp is 37.7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My temp is 37.7

IM panicking so much yesterday it was 38! what is normal for an adult! Im really worried x

Re: My temp is 37.7

here you go! hehe - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_...dy_temperature

Apparently it's 37, but some variation is common when you take it from under the tongue, so that's probably what's causing this, that or a slight cold

I wouldn't worry

Thanks now it's 37.8 It makes me worry so much.. I always think the worse! I have a slight sore throat but it's not enough to bother me! my big fear at the moment is that I have a brain tumour so of course this is telling me that I defo have it! x

Hey your ok xxxx taking your temperature at home is not really wise. Especially if you suffer with anxietyx This is meant as a message not having a go ok?

When you consider a book temperature is 37. can u really regulate every human being to that. Its a very general average!!!!
    A thermometer really isn't a true reading to 'illness' or 'wellness'

I use to be a nurse! If you are 'sick' i believe you know and truely know that you are feeling unwell. Some peoples temperature could be 38 in a hot room and others who appear hypothermic at 35 ish mite be just outside or in cold atmosphere.

A thermometer is a guage but please don't take it as gospel as to whether u are sick or not.
    With an infection your body reacts! one of these reactions is your body temp increases however there are other symptons, you shouldn't be taking your temp to find out if u are sick! You would know.

I know feelings can be irrational and if a book says a temp should be 37 and its not then things seem out of place but its just a general guide.

I'm sorry if this isn't of help xx

Don't worry, that doesn't count as a 'temperature', it is within the normal range. When I feel and get cold my temp goes down to just over 36 and when I am anxious, or have been physically active, or just feel hot, it goes up as high as 38 degrees. I know this because, years ago I used to take my temperature lots (not any more). Even if you had a slight temperature, it is a sign of infection or virus, and certainly not a brain tumour. Rest easy !

Hiya
    My gp told me normal is between 37-38 is normal depending if you take your temp orally or in the ear....but im sure your ok hun but if your still worried have a word with your gp and he can put your mind at ease.
    Take care xx

assuming your female, your temp can go up when your on your period.
    take paracetamol it will at least take down your temperature.
    As long as your not feeling ill your grand.
    it is going down which is a good sign!

That is normal, it is what we would class as a low grade fever but I have to say whenever my anxiety is bad my temp is usually between 37.2-38 if I have had it taken at that time.

Anxiety can do some strange things to us;-)

Hi

Thats not really a high temperature. If it goes 38 and above then that would be a high temperature

mandie x

Thanks every one.. You've made me calm down! I never realised being anxious could raise your temp! learn something new every day! might get my partner to hide it do Im not tempted to keep checking all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information