Thread: Water

Water

Hi Guys,

I been told by people that i dont drink enough water.. and now its got me worried.

for years i have never felt like i need a drink and cant ever say i drink water.. unless its got a flavor in it.

now i started to notice kidney pains and get worried theres summat wrong with me coz i dont ever feel the need to drink or drink loads.

I started to try and drink a liter of water a day and im finding it realy hard.

a normal water intake would be

juice/milk in morning
    3 cups of tea/coffe
    coke or sprite with lunch
    3-4 more cups of tea/coffee

pint of flavored juice with tea. maybe a small drink of fruit juice/beer at night

on average

looking at that i drink alot of tea/coffee.

no i need to be worried or is this something i have simply picked up on anxiety wise since someone pointed it out?

Hi.

It could just be the heat making you have pains, or it could just be anxiety. Try not to worry and try to drink some more water if you can.

Scooby2005
    x x

fankoo...

could i have caused some long term damage by not drinking enough?

it not a recent thing that i dont drink... just its been pointed out so now of course i think im doomed

Ive never known not drinking enough water to cause any long term damage. If you seriously dehydrated yourself long term you would know it thats for sure, headaches, constipation. Im the same, i have to make myself drink. Especially this week with it being so damn hot, because i get a headache by tea time otherwise. Ive always liked my tea, but apparently it dehydrates you anyway so doesnt count as water. I used to just drink tea all day everyday. Im not into cola or squash/juice.
    But like you im trying to change it, im 35 & a bit worried the skin will suffer(wrinkles) But i wouldnt worry about the kidneys or bladder personally.
    Caz xxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

I find it hard to drink the recommended 2 litres a day but had a body composition test done in June and was told I was severely dehydrated.

I don't get any of the usual side-effects of this - headache, water retention but I do get very hot and this could be the cause.

I am now trying to drink more but it is hard and then I am going to the loo every hour.

Tea and coffee will also make you go to the loo more so you do need to be drinking good old plain water I am afraid. Add some juice or lemon to make it taste more pleasant.

Nicola

thanks caz, yeh im always on the tea. water tastes like hmmm crap... my forhead is quit rinkly and im only 26 . hmm

i guess your wright i would probably definetly know if i was dehydrated.. its just me panicing again. lol

A drink of tea or coffee should always be followed by a glass of water as they do not hydrate you at all, in fact have the opposite effect (or so I was told on a first aid course I attended!)

In this weather particularly, it is so very important to drink loads of water. The NHS were recommending drinking a glass of water every 20 minutes. Weeing frequently is also beneficial, apparently, and your wee should be pale in colour which shows you are not dehydrated. Phew, too much info here or what! [:I][:I]

Try carrying a bottle of water with you in the day time and make sure that you drink from it regularly.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

it does seem like you drink alot of coffe or tea but remember that so do most " normal people " and they do not worry so i would say if this is something you do and it doesnt affect you in a bad way then dont tamper with it. if there is something " unhealthy " i do i just say so what jack this is something in your life that doesnt worry you so just enjoy it

i would say though that i take diluted orange in a big squezzy water bottle to get my water intake into me as im not a lover of straight water. perhaps you could do this and then the sprite would not be as needed

does this all make sense , not sure if it does so sorry if it doesnt

jackie

you drink far more than me

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

water is very important for the body all year round not only in the summer months (when you should be drinking more)

I found this which is interesting:

Water is not the life source without good reason.
    Without it our body's fine tuned engine runs less efficiently, & parts of it may even pack up working properly.

• Drink about 3-5 pints (about 2 litres) a day

• If you have 4-5% less than the recommended daily amount of water, it can affect your mental & physical performance by up to 20-30%

• Water flushes out the toxins in our bodies, which if they accumulate can cause dehydration which in turn causes tension, aches, pains, & headaches.

• water helps keep our joints well oiled, helping prevent joint disease such as arthritis in later life.

• water helps our gut work more efficiently, helping prevent constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, & many other related diseases.

• water hydrates your skin. Drinking enough water can combat skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles & spots.

Thread Information