Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feelings

feelings

hi is it possible to make yourself feel panicky. reason is im saying this is when im out and about or in the home , its like im testing myself to see if the panicky feelings are still there. like today i went to our local twncentre with my hubby and suddenly thought about panicking and suddenly my heart started to beat a bit quicker but i managed to shake it off by looking at something of interest. its quite scarey really it happens quite alot just by thinking about it.so how do i stop doing this its like some form of habit and its quite frigtnening. how do i go about possitive thinking.
    tracy

Absolutely - It is the main way that we get panicky .

Sometimes its about a body symptom or a health worry, sometimes its about going somewhere and what may happen to us, other times its a 'what if' . Essentially anything can scares you can start you off into anxiety .

You're doing exactly the right things by learning you can distract yourself - soon you'll learn to just change or ignore those thoughts altogther.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Tracy,

I make myself feel panicky all he time. That's how it normally happens - we think about it, then we start to feel panicky and then the panic grows and grows. It's like a vicious circle!!

Sarah

Hi Tracy,

I know the symptoms can be frightnening.
    but I can only tell you what I have done.
    First I just want to say the I have not had
    a PA since August and its all down to this
    site. I am 100 % better.
    About 3 ago weeks my heart began to bound in
    my chest, when this happend after my first
    PA I would think oh s***t a PA and low and
    behold a full blown panic attack. Now i shout
    kids come and feel this, they run over and
    even they can feel it bounding in my chest.
    Then it's gone.
    One night I had what I call flushes, this is a
    feeling that something in running through my
    body, again in the past I would think PA.
    But now I was thinking what it felt like. I
    thought to myself that feel quit nice then
    it went.
    I know you and every one reading this will
    be laughing there socks off but it works.
    What I'm trying to say is if you can learn not
    to fear the symptom there is NO Mr Panic..

Hope this makes sence, I felt abit silly writing
    that down[:I]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

You haven't failed till you quit trying.

Hi Tracey

Yes it is possible to make ourselves panic because as soon as we feel ok we start doing the what if and how will i cope.

I have done it many of times, feel like i am testing myself when i felt okay. Suppose it is how we think when feeling anxious. We just have to learn to say that we feel fine and that we are not going to panic.

After suffering for 5 years i still question myself even though i know it wont harm me, becomes a habit we need to break.

Love Sal xxxxx

hi Tracy,

How are you feeling? A little better I hope...

Sarah

hi tracey well done you
    sounds to me like you are doing the right thing - you are comfronting your panics and situations that bring them on and dealing with them - i think that is a big step - pat your self on the back
    xx david

Hi Tracey, As they all said above yes me too. what I tey to do is think calm and think relax to myself and let my body flop into relaxation. I know its hard and dont always work, but it does mostly for me. and the other part yes i look at things in the store that interest me and it seems to wear off, till i leave what i was looking at lol. Its so hard but i do think the key is carrying relaxing skils around with you. take care Vernon/

Jill,

No need to feel silly at all as what you have written is absolutely correct and very well done indeed to you for being able to implement and maintain it.

Congratulations

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

hi all thank you so much for getting back to me on my subject, i'm glad to hear that i am on the right track and not going potty!!!!. about 6yrs ago i wouldn't entertain places but now i force myself to do things that i don't like and the town centre is one of them as it gets packed. sometimes ive suddenly felt panicky for no reason just looking in a shopand the force of it would make me have to do a quick escape and my hubby would have to get me home quick good job we have a car!!!. i got in a situation like that a couple of months ago in the centre just browsing things then suddenly i would feel like a warm sensation go through my body and then my heart started to pick up spead but i thought to myself no sod this i'm not running ive done it too many times so i stopped for a second to catch my breathe then i carried on browsing then it just disapeared i think my hubby was glad though as it would of mean't disapearing quick. so i guess it looks like i'm doing well and thanks david i will pat me self on the back .
    thanks all tracy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information