Thread: How much does it take to cause xanax withdrawal?

How much does it take to cause xanax withdrawal?

I have been taking .5mg to 1mg of xanax almost every night for the past 3 months. Is this enough to cause xanax withdrawal?

Re: How much does it take to cause xanax withdrawal?

I've been taking the same dosage alost every night and while it helps the panic attacks, I don't really know. I"ve been curious as well as to know if what I have is a Xanax dependency. Every night I take a .5 and it's getting scarier cause I've read some of the stuff that can happen to people who become dependant.

I'd like to know if there's a way they can seriously tell too. Whether it's a panic attack and if there is medicine they can give you to get you off Xanax and hopefully get our lives back in order.

I think in alot of ways, even if it isn't a Xanax dependency, it makes the panic attacks worse because we can't peg it to any one thing. If anyone has any idea about Xanax, please post.

Thanks x.x

Re: How much does it take to cause xanax withdrawal?

G'day Magik and brandontf,
    I have been taking 1/2 of a.25mg xanax each morning and night for about 7 years.At times I have stopped it but felt a little tense and had some ectopic beats. The doctor says the dose i take is like sniffing the bottle and as the doseage has not increased he does not believe i am addicted.Other doctors say the dose i take could make you dependent and i would be better off taking a low dose of an antidepresent drug for my gad.
    Good luck.

Thread Information