Thread: sudden dizziness

sudden dizziness

Ive had an amazing day today, really pampered myself and went and had a facial, back massage, head & face massage and a scalp massage. I've been reading the book 'The Secret' and have applied the concept of changing my negative thoughts... until about half an hour ago when I had a sudden surge of dizziness that is still going on now... I had this symptom for quite a while when I first started suffering with anxiety but the last 2weeks it had disappeared... thank god but then BAM, its hit me in the face again! why oh why??!

You are what you think!

Re: sudden dizziness

Hi JoJo, yeah, I had that a few weeks ago, really weird, lasted a few weeks, I think its sort of eased off now.

To be honest, with us lot, I think a lot of it is lack of exercise.

i get lots of dizzy spells and feel spaced out now and again.... try not to worry about it... it will pass.... if you are worried see a dr for some reassurance.... remember it could just be a blip. just because its happened again its probably not here to stay prob just a one off... do take care.

andrea x x

Hi Jojo,
    I to suffer anxiety, but i was also a massage and holistic therapist..one of the feelings you can get get after a massage is dizzyness, drink plenty of water, you had a few massages today and that might just be the cause..try and relax and dont worry to much...i know thats hard not to..im a constant worrier , i just wanted to put your mind at rest..sam x

ps..the secret is a great book, ive read it.

This morning I was hit with a sudden dizziness too while I was sleeping. After it went away, I had to get up because I needed to pee. While I was walking, I was very nausea in my stomach, felt like I was going to throw up, and I tried to throw up after several times of belching. While I was walking, I was imbalanced too.

Little background; I have had this a total of three times now, getting sudden severe dizziness while sleeping. Fourth altogether. I was using computer at one moment, I was flying a plane in a game, Battlefield I believe, on computer. I had to, like, fall back with my head. I left the room, turned off my computer because I thought it could be from using the computer too long, I was addicted to it.

I'm currently 22, turning 23 this June '10. I do in fact have a high blood pressure, and it runs in the family. I don't have the medication for it yet, I already have seen the doctor. High blood pressure, is it the cause of severe and sudden dizziness? I don't believe it is because I was much younger when the first dizziness started. My mother used to have severe dizziness, but it was lead by stress from working, cleaning our home, etc. She was later laid off from work after 22 years, and ever since in the last more than 5 years, she's fine. I'm in college, and I was home for the last two-three weeks now for Winter Break and stress free. Yet I have a severe and sudden dizziness.

Any possibilities to why I have sudden dizziness? You know that I have high blood pressure, but it is not high every single day. This week, on Tuesday, I went to see my family doctor, specifically about blood pressure, on that day, my bp was normal. Then yesterday (Wednesday), I actually had high blood pressure. It was around 155 / 95. Then I slept through the night very well, and this morning I get the sudden dizziness.

HI all... thanks for your replies!

Yeah, I agree too that it could be lack of excercise! I have been having a go at the Davina workout DVD so hopefully thats one step forward!!

Ijustagirl - I thought that maybe it was to do with the massages... so that has eased my mind a bit, thankyou - the dizziness has not been so bad since, just a little lightheaded at times but nothing major! I LOVE holistic treatments, I've recently had a couple fo Reiki sessions - Its amazing!!!

Happy New Year to you all!! xxx

You are what you think!

Thread Information