Thread: blood in stools

blood in stools

For the past 2 days I have noticed that i have some blood in my stools. A small amount. Has anyone else noticed this in their anxiety symptoms? I have also had intense burping episodes and a feeling of choking as posted earlier

Re: blood in stools

Is it bright red blood when you wipe or dried blood in the stools?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there,

Anything like this should really be checked out by a doctor asap. Only he/she could tell you what's causing it.

It may be nothing but I would really advise you not to leave it unchecked.

It was more like dried blood on stools. I went to a doctor regarding my constant burping and sensation of choking and he put me on this med called prevacid. I take 30 mg before i eat everyday once a day (usually before dinner). I ve been taking it for 2 days and on both days I have noticed blood on my stools. I dont know what i should feel. Is this normal to have blood on stools? Is it not? What is happening?

Hopefully Nicola can advise more but it does sound as if the medication could be connected. If you have a leaflet with the meds, check the side effects and even if it's not listed, I'd still check with the doctor to reassure you.

The leafleft says that the possible side effects are constipation and diarrhea please advise

ever had piles/haemorroids?

I think there could be a number of causes, some unconnected to the meds as Joel says but I've found the following on a website regarding the medication-

Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, tell your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Prevacid.

I don't know what kind of medication that is, what you're taking. But I can tell you this (it's really gross, sorry!) When I started taking a certain type of anti-depressant, I was literally pooping mucus and blood. I went back to the Doctor, she said to stop taking the medication, I did, and it never happened again. So yeah, see your Doctor. And it could be medication related.

Thread Information