Thread: New member, need help?

Unhappy New member, need help?

Hello! I'm a longtime ocd sufferer (and I'm only 16 years old so having this for my teenage years really sucks) and I've been almost unable to function. I'm cleaning everything in sight. Every time I have an intrusive thought, and a responsive feeling (part of my OCD brain worries that I'm turned on by intrusive thoughts? idk) and in response I move furniture and sanitize everything. Does anyone have any strategies for controlling this fear?

Re: New member, need help?

Hi,
    Intrusive thoughts are common, but they are just thoughts, no more.
    Thoughts not actions.
    They are usually the complete opposite of who we are, which is why they scare us so much..I used to get them about harming, harming family, pets and myself... But I would never hurt a fly, I don't kill insects even..
    Hence the thoughts were so scary to me.. I nearly passed out with panic one time...
    Trying to fight the thoughts only make them stronger.. The more importance they have, the more they come.... You can't force yourself to not think them.. It's like if I say ,don't think of pink elephants, gauranteed it's all you think of!!
    So I let the thoughts come, I'd then say to them, I'm not interested, I don't want to harm anyone, so your wasting your time..I'd rather kill myself before hurting anyone, and since I don't want to die either, then your wasting your time .. They soon disappeared!

thank you so much, that made a lot of sense!!!

If you need any more help regarding what your thoughts are about, you can always private message me.

Thread Information