Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody know much about Troponin blood test?

Anybody know much about Troponin blood test?

I went to out of hours earlier as again my chest pain was bad,i feel really ill anyway,he took blood to check for Troponin in my blood and also to check for inflammation around my heart...hes just called to say they are normal...i dont want to google so what does this really mean? does anyone know? i know Troponin is released if youve had a heart attack but does it only get released if a heart attack had happened or if your hearts not working right?
    Last edited by sandy40; 20-08-11 at 07:03.

Re: Anybody know much about Troponin blood test?

Sandy - why are you persisting with this obsession over your heart - you have had many checks and the deeper the go with this keep going to A&E the more you are feeding it.

I am not even going to reply to your question honey but merely repeat earlier advice on earlier posts and that is that you need to get the right help to stop you from this behaviour so that you can get on with your family and your life.

Your chest pain is anxiety induced - you have been tested and tested. And have you been and asked yet about the family pre-disposition to heart problems given your father's history?

No ive not been as i havent been able to get a drs appt as soon as 8 am comes the phone is engaged until i get through then all appts are gone...i really think somethings wrong,and i cant help it.

Sandy
    I understand your fears completely as I have anxiety about my heart. I have had all the tests and now I have to accept that all is well. This is a huge step but one you must take. I have a mantra that I repeat over and over again to drown out the negative thoughts, even though I didn't believe it at first I said it anyway and it started to work. Please try to accept that these symptoms are all caused by anxiety and that your heart is fine.
    x

I think you need to ask yourself what will stop you worrying about your heart.

I honestly dont know what would help me stop worrying...for the pain/palps to go would help me,also to speak to a cardiologist...im really low and in a mess over it as the pains really are more or less constant..down the centre between my breasts or over and on the top of my left breast,and up the left side of my neck..also palps that leave me sore..they worry me so much,its stopping me doing things as they get worse when im out and about.

The pains anxiety pain and you will be holding your self tense I have a obsession with my heart but I do t go to the hospital I've had all the checks seen a cardiologist intact 3 and I still have a obsession I'm having cbt you beef to calm down and get some cbt maybe even anti anxiety drugs to help you relax. A tour so worked up the pain will never go. Do you have a women's center nr you thy offer counselling and cbt for free you don't need a referral from the gp just ring them your self

No i dont have anything like that here,im in so much pain i cant stop crying,im scared and dont know what to do...my upper body is like its burning.

Sandy Tropinin is released when heart muscle is damaged and also for a number of other reasons. The test shows wether your heart is damaged or under stress by angina attacks.
    A normal test is very good news as it shows your heart is fine.
    You must get a grip of this heart anxiety or you may become a cardiac cripple through anxiety. Go to your doctors and ask him to go through your family history medically and how it pertains to you. But really what does all this worrying achieve, absolutely nothing but misery. Look positively and get on with life.
    What you are feeling with the pain and burning is adrenaline crossing through your body, making you very tense. The chest pain is costochondritis which can be very unpleasant but basically it is an inflammation of the chest wall but not at all dangerous. Press on your chest with your hand and I bet you can reproduce the pain.

Thank you Ronski,as i type ive pains and burning in my upper chest and im very worried...ive been scared to google tropinin so thank you for explaining it to me...yes my anxiety is overtaking me life and i need to get it under control again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information