Thread: Can anxiety cause stomach ache?

Can anxiety cause stomach ache?

Hi and sorry to bother people again?

I suffer from health anxiety, to which I have had headaches and frequent urination symptoms in the past.
    The reason I'm on the forum is that I'm worrying again and getting myself into a mess, which I want to try and avoid.
    I do not want to bother the doctor again, so I was asking for any reassurance as I do not want to google my symptoms.

The reason I ask, I have been woken up with chronic stomach ache several times over the past 6 months, needing the toilet to relieve the pain, which can take up to 30 minutes and several trips to the toilet, then I get back to sleep and I'm ok in the morning.

Last night it happened again and I have been worrying about it all day (as health sufferers do) and I seem to of had the stomach feeling all day (properly anxiety) and I'm worrying about the dreaded C word.
    IF IT WAS THE C WORD, SURLY THE PAIN WOULD BE CHRONIC ALL THE WHILE, this is what i keep saying to myself anyway.

Could anybody inform me if anxiety can cause the stomach to ache and is it a common symptoms of anxiety?

Red

I get loads of stomach aches. (Ask Trac cos I am always moaning to her that I have stomach ache again lol)

I am wondering if mine is IBS so may see doc about it.

I also get lots of acid indigestion and this causes severe stomach aches for me. I have medication for it that helps cure it in a day.

Nicola

i get it too and am convinced its ibs, yours sounds like it is too, but obviously im not a doc

anxiety definitely causes stomach pains though, claire weekes calls the stomach the most sensitive of all our organs, she says that when any other part of us is in pain our stomach weeps too. i believe that

jackie

hi devil......ive had anxiety disorder for 17 yrs panic the whole works until this past march i developed stomache probs had all the test was going mad i knew something was wrong told the docs they no nothing but it turned out to be long term stress then it got me to wonder hmmmm well i have been worrying most of my life it just caught up with me i mean so sick and painful but once i told myself i knew what it was in time it passed anxiety always starts in stomcahe....just never knew it could get that bad so try not to worry .wish ya the best...Linda

Hi

I get stomach ache but i think i have IBS, which could also be your prob, as IBS can cause all sorts of problems. Go to docs and ask if your really worried hunny. i take fibregel which i'm sure you can buy over the counter.

Hope this helps

Liz

Re: Can anxiety cause stomach ache?

Hi all,

This symptoms appears to have come back, last time I had it was years ago.

I went to the doctors last month about it, who checked me over and said because I have had a blood test and a camera in the previous 6 months, everything will be ok because things dont change like that.

The symptoms vanished for a few weekd but had come back and I'm worried about ignorning it or should I go back and see my doctor because I have started to worry about C today etc.

The belly ache appears to be with me throughout the day but I'm 100% focusing on it, which I guess will not help.

Any advice please?

Red

Thread Information