Thread: chest ache, muscle pain

chest ache, muscle pain

Wonder if anyone can give me some reassurance. I have a feeling in my chest, but the only way I can explain it is it feels like the same feeling as when you are holding back tears, only it is in the top of my chest and not my throat!

I also have a strange feeling under my left arm, it kind of hurts and aches all the time! and I have sharp electric type pains randomly through different parts of my body.

I should also mention that I had a baby 3 months ago and am still breastfeeding so I don't know if this could have anything to do with it? I have mentioned how I feel to my Doctor, but he said it was probably anxiety or hormones but he couldn't give me anything because I am breastfeeding.

Blood tests have come back normal, but I am worried.

Laura xx (sorry to go on)

Common heavy feeling I get in my chest, but I usually describe it as
    I am wearing a football shoulder gear and all the weight is on my chest above my breasts but under the collar bone.
    Just having a baby alone can give anyone anxiety or blues and even sucide
    thoughts. My sister wanted to kell my brother in law and was crying all the time. She went on Paxil for 2 months and it now back to normal.

TT

get all the things you describe and more. incidentally i just had a baby 6 months ago and began to experience sharp pains under my arm. nurse said it is still part of my breast even though it is under my arm and it is the milk ducts. nothing to worry about. congrats on the baby, is it your first?
    jackie

Thank you

No, it is my third, already have two boys. I have suffered with my nerves for about 4 years now, but I have felt better for the past year, and through my pregnancy.

Just having a bad patch I suppose.

laura

yeah i always found my pregnancy a better time, your right just lack of sleep probably, that always makes me much worse. did you say you had a girl or boy this time/?
    jackie

Congratulations Laura. Sorry to hear you're a bit worried. Its a bit of a pain isn't it when you breastfeed because you can't really take anything. I got post-natal depression with my second baby, it was horrendous. It got to the point where I had to stop breastfeeding to go on medication. I got mild depression with my third baby when he was about 4 months old, but nothing major. Probably just lack of sleep & coping with 2 other children as well, with not much support from lazy idle husband who was always in the pub! I did get pains under my arms when breastfeeding, but like Jackie has said already, you have ducts & glands all over the place, going through hormonal changes as well, so we get emotional. Hope it eases soon. Can you take any herbals meds when you're breastfeeding like Kalms? Someone will know on here.

Take care & good luck with the baby.

Les

Thank you all for your kind words. I had a little girl called faith and she is gorgeous! I guess I am just a bit worn down and tired cos I got glands up in my neck as well.

I will try to get some more rest and stop thinking the worst!

Thread Information