Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amitriptyline

Re: Amitriptyline

I suffer from generalized anxiety/panic, and have for about 10 years. Took citalopram for about 3 years, and it totally changed my life., about two years after being off of it, the anxiety came back, and my doctor tried putting me back on it, but with poor results. After trying a couple different meds, the doc put me on 25mg of amitriptyline. Been on it for 3 days... feel good in terms of the anxiety, especially at night when I take it. Gives me a very solid buzz right before bed (bonus) and then I sleep like a baby. The first two mornings I woke up very groggy, and almost felt weak. Along with some pretty wicked dry mouth... I wokeup today, feeling refreshed, and no dry mouth. Much rather deal with that stuff then anxiety anyway. So, I think I've had a very good experience so far with it, plus it's got a bonus when dealing with opiates. Had a major health issue about 3 months ago, and was prescribed oxys to be taken afterwards. After 3 months of taking it, started to stop the meds, and experienced some pretty hard withdrawal... chills, sweating, insomnia, etc. After the first dose of the amnitrip., withdrawal subsided by 80 percent atleast. Plus I have dealt with extreme foot pain for the last year, and the last 3 days, I've been walking great. Seems to handle a sundry of issues, without the terrible anxiety and depression the ssri's would cause. Stock with it if you can!

Re: Amitriptyline

I used to take it because of a nerve condition but I got off it to get pregnant.the only issue I ever had was when I missed a dose I couldn't sleep all night and had insane dreams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information